Appropriate THIEF usage

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Smokin
Private
Private

TH to avoid limits ?

Post by Smokin »

Hi,

What happend if you TH a GM flag from someone of your team on a server with limited shoots ? (when you can only shoot 20 GM as an exemple)

If you can TH a GM from someone of your team wich only have 1 shoot left and if by doing that you have the full 20 shoots, i think this could help the team and could become a request from the GM owner to give more GM to his team. I hope this was clear... my english sucks...

Thoughts ?
Smokin
Private
Private

Post by Smokin »

My idea seems not to work : i TH a SW from opposit team and have only 3 shots left...
nemesis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nemesis »

there should be a revenge tk which only works on teammates who have shot you already. you don't die if you tk them.
--nemesis
aka badboi

[root@localhost ~]# rm -r -f /
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

That would be bad for the person who shoots himself/someone on his team with geno... It would also be bad in any type of accident involving short-tempered people.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
Inferno
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Inferno »

nemesis wrote:there should be a revenge tk which only works on teammates who have shot you already. you don't die if you tk them.
The point of the game is to kill the enemy. I think this would totly mess up the game. :twisted:
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

well they steal my flag w/ st so why shouldn't i steal theirs?
I am a leaf on the wind.
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

yay revengence!

;D

heehe
The Falcon
Private First Class
Private First Class

your wrong.

Post by The Falcon »

this is not entirely right, stealing a teammate's flag (especcialy when its the opponents team flag) can be a right thing to do, when the owner of the flag is about to die, or when the complete red team is coming at someone of the blue team with either their flag or an very powerfull weapon, then any blue team member could steal that flag from he's/her (dying)teammate and drive it to he's/her homebase or use those guided missile's, without having to pickup the flag wich is now either gone or in the opponents hands.
The only reason your still alive is that I am to busy laughing at you to shoot you!
LavaBall
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by LavaBall »

LOL People who get angry fast and you thief them(Especially if they are your team)Would probably make you sick or maybe act N00Bish infact you will be the N00B becouse stealing/using thief on a teammate.
Living PolterGeist!
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

I find it never justifies a TK, TK's will lose you scores - big deal. Lose a flag and a score? Not for me :P
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

I'm willing to take a score loss to tk someone who steals a powerfull flag from me. I'll get that score back soon enough, but I'm not willing to overlook that kind of smacktard anti-teamwork behaviour.
"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin paid; mostly only when I'm gettin paid. But eating people alive, when does that get fun?"
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

But what will killing him get you? A weakened team because you lose a powerful flag in the team?
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

The team was already weakened as soon as the flag was stolen.
"Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin paid; mostly only when I'm gettin paid. But eating people alive, when does that get fun?"
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

So, why make the team even weaker by removing the flag totally, increasing the chance of a kick, and losing personal and team score?
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

The true weakness is lack of trust of team mates. With that lost, the team is doomed. No other action would weaken it more. To overlook the action only invites further destruction by more stealing in the future.

Don't try too protect those who would destroy their team by stealing team mate's flags. They can not be justified.
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

They certainly can't be justified, but it doesn't help to provoke bad feelings in a team ;)
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

Anyone who would steal a team mate's flag doesn't have good feelings to begin with. There is no bad feelings left unprovoked.
Mostly Harmless!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mostly Harmless! »

I don't see how killing them helps. You should just ask them to stop. All killing them does is promote the dislike.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.
It is not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
Always remember you are unique. Just like everybody else.
cookiecutter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cookiecutter »

The only time I kill teammates is when they are attacking me. I stopped taking the bs awhile ago and just kill them now. Sometimes they even say sorry :) .

If a teammate thiefs from me I switch teams and brutally crush him :D
Pwnz@Secretplace
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

Mostly Harmless! wrote:I don't see how killing them helps. You should just ask them to stop. All killing them does is promote the dislike.
Like I said defore, the dislike is already there.

At least in the case of killing them as a response, they have achieved nothing themselves in the theft, and it may even curb their interest from doing it again in the future.

If you don't see the value in that, that's fine. I, however, do.
Da Best
Private First Class
Private First Class

No

Post by Da Best »

I think that it is acceptable because they want your flag and they had the right flag to steal your flag.. and if you get mad at them just TK
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

RexFlex wrote:The team was already weakened as soon as the flag was stolen.
No, the team was weakened when the stealer joined.
RexFlex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RexFlex »

touché :lol-old:
Justa_Rookie
Private
Private

Post by Justa_Rookie »

The thief flag comes in handy if your team is functioning well as a team. We have used it to steal a lazer or GM from a team mate before the last shot to keep it in the team. This is a form of flag passing that can be handy when out gunned.
Good communications and trust between team mates makes this work. ;)
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

theif

Post by slon02 »

stealing a teammate's flag is sort of like tking only they don't die. It is an innaproriate thing to do and some servers kick players who do that. (i learned that through experiounse) The best way to get away from having your flag stolen is to run, jump, or teleport.