dodging

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
xcolt45
Private
Private

dodging

Post by xcolt45 »

what is the most effective way to dodge?

i usually just jump but now i see that jumping is worse than dodging ccuz they can time you out while you hit the ground,,,

SOOO! if you reply youd be a dear.
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Read Shellshock. :)
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

that pretty much covers it. it depends on where you play most. secretplace/planet mofo or silvercat/DUB?
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Inferno
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Inferno »

yeh, every server has their own strategy. Give it some time and you'll learn.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

For dodging and staying on the ground go and observe at one of the ducati servers.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Teppic wrote:For dodging and staying on the ground go and observe at one of the ducati servers.
or better yet, play at those servers!
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
mistake
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mistake »

dodging,

be sure to have always an eye on the radar, best is both eyes. also switch often between closeup view and overall view in radar (changing zoomlevel), to see bullets coming from far way and giving you time to dodge (overall view), aswell as dodging bullets in a cheek to cheek fight (closeup zoomlevel). I sometimes switch radar zoomlevel once every second if in heavy action or even faster.
it helps if your keymapping is setup so that keys for zoomlevels and shooting are very close.

if you have to jump, try to jump on a building, although good players won't have trouble to get you there on landing as well. but as all suggested, try to avoid jumping.

for dodging, the easiest is if you turn 90° to your opponent, in which case you have the optimal angle for dodging. since you have to turn back 90° to fire your own shots, try to use a smaller angle while you are getting better, after a while you can use just small angles to dodge and return fire immediatly.
alternative: if having to turn, try to find walls that you can rico against toward your opponent, that way 90° turn can still leave you in an active position.

but always, first dodge, then shoot back. don't run away like turning your back towards the opponent (more then 90° turn), cause this will give your opponent lots of time to aim right.

also try to read your opponents actions on radar, try to see if you can detect when he/she will shoot, get a feeling for it. often tanks do little forward movements for shooting, so bullets go faster. build a bzintuition.

and, have patience
Lan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lan »

and moreover, make sure you can see the bullets on radar. The default (or smallest if different) is these tiny little specs (and I have 20/20 near vision, far is worse but not important), so keep 'em big enough to see on radar but not too big because you will think they are closer than they really are.
Mrhankeythechristmaspoo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mrhankeythechristmaspoo »

The most effective way of dodging is staying on the ground. You should spend some time in some 2 shot no jumping servers to boost your dodging skills. Then move on to whatever server you like but use the juming as a last resort because 99/100 times I THINK you will get shot down.

Hankey :D
Sorry if someone aleready said this. Please tell me
!
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

Mrhankeythechristmaspoo wrote:The most effective way of dodging is staying on the ground. You should spend some time in some 2 shot no jumping servers to boost your dodging skills. Then move on to whatever server you like but use the juming as a last resort because 99/100 times I THINK you will get shot down.

Hankey :D
Mrhankeythechristmaspoo wrote:Sorry if someone already said this. Please tell me
!
well, yes, that is what everyone's been saying.

and try not to dig up old threads, this ones been dead for a few weeks now.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

^^ FORUM NECROMANCY ^^

Also turn the shot tail to leading, length to maximum, and the size to about 3 or 4, then it gives you a better idea of where bullets are going and if they'll hit you.
Discovery
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Discovery »

I dont care for dodging give me a building :D but i can dodge some :wink:
SURRENDER!