Lasermania capping

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Brayne Wady
Private First Class
Private First Class

Lasermania capping

Post by Brayne Wady »

I think capping in lasermania would be easier if a few people would line up next to their teammate who has the flag when they're ready to cap and all jump at the same time. Of course these blocking tanks would need to be between the capper and the snipers. After getting sniped while trying to cap, I started doing this for other people while guarding the base and it does work. Sometimes you gotta take one for the team.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

The best way to cap at Lasermania, IMHO, is to jump from a ways out. Jump from the right or left side so that you just land on the very edge of the base. It takes a little practice to get this jump down but it is worth it. This guarantees that the apex of your jump is over grass so that if someone picks you off, the flag falls in the grass and does not go back to the other team’s base. By the time you are over the base, you are to low to be hit by a sniper from across the map. Of course the more that jump, the harder the target is to find. But jumping from far a way gives you another shot at it if you end up being blown to pieces.
Brayne Wady
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Brayne Wady »

donny_baker wrote:The best way to cap at Lasermania, IMHO, is to jump from a ways out. Jump from the right or left side so that you just land on the very edge of the base. It takes a little practice to get this jump down but it is worth it. This guarantees that the apex of your jump is over grass so that if someone picks you off, the flag falls in the grass and does not go back to the other team’s base. By the time you are over the base, you are to low to be hit by a sniper from across the map. Of course the more that jump, the harder the target is to find. But jumping from far a way gives you another shot at it if you end up being blown to pieces.
That's a good idea. I need to try that. It sure would save on the frustration of making all the way to your base with the flag and having it sent allll the way back just because yo ugot shot over your base.
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

capping

Post by slon02 »

i think a good way of capping at lasermania is going on the center/side rails and contanly jumping. Also, having a few teamates jumping there too will distract the snipers. Just a good tactic.
RatOmeter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by RatOmeter »

The problems I see with the multi-mate-jump is

1. the sniper (if he sees that you jumped with the flag or gets lucky) can get a 2-fer (the guy he was aiming at and you with the flag).

2. It's really hard to get your mates to cooperate/coordinate. Besides the time and attention spent trying to organise via chat, you'll likely get sarcastic replies about you "being the boss" or similar.

Heck, it's tough enough to survive just offering suggestions or requests without someone deciding that you're being an a-hole.
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

capping

Post by slon02 »

i agree. There are always enemy snipers everywhere and you can't see them very clearly without binoculars. This is sometimes a problem because you think its an enemy but its your ally :oops: :oops: .
Also, it is always hard to get teammates to work together, and most of them die along the way. :evil:
the obvious trap
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the obvious trap »

for me, lasermania is extremely difficult
capping can be hard because there are always people guarding the tracks
one time, one of my friends was watching me, and i said "watch, ill jump, and watch how many lasers try to shoot me" about 5 laser instantly shot me, it was great
for capping, i say the edge jump idea is great, i cant think of a better way uless you have a teammate to jump ahead of you to see if there are snipers guarding the base :roll:
There are no answers here
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

a good way is to have somone with a flag (not the aposing team flag) jump onto the base and then you (with the other teams flag) jump on emediatly after. because of the long distance, even with binocliers (no clue how to spell) it is hard to see what flag the person has and the sniper probably wont take the time to look at the map to see who actually has the flag. and as said before, you could have somone jump in the middle while you and the other person are doing that flag thing
darthmario
Private
Private

Post by darthmario »

In lasermania, if you're on the center rail going full speed, you can cap by jumping towards the base just as the final row passes underneath you. If you time it right, you'll land on the base and if you're sniped the flag won't be returned.