Configs on a thumb drive

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Configs on a thumb drive

Post by GMMan »

Does anyone know how I can add a command switch to BZFlag so I can play it portably without moving this here and removing that? I frequently change between F: and G: drives and I also use Pegtop's PStart.

P. S. I think I accidentally misplaced this topic. It should be in the support section.
Last edited by GMMan on Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I haven't touched BZFlag for years, but maybe sometime I'll make a comeback.

I'm on Twitter. And I mess with webOS. This signature is not a blog.
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

I don't know if this will be any help, but there's this thing called mojopac that lets you create a virtual enviroment on a flash drive or portable hard drive. Like parralells on a mac, you can run programs right off it.
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GMMan »

I've heard of it (January PC World), but I'm not willing to shell out $20 or was it $50 for that. Anyways, it's probably too big for my drive and probably won't run under my school's limited user accounts.

A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Yeah, I tried it out for 30 days free, but they aren't doing it anymore. I tried it at my school's awlful computers, and someone caught me. Apparently under their "honor code" system, we're not allowed to change any background settings or anything regarding the computers. I didn't want to change the background, all I wanted was firefox! They still were mad at me...
GMMan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by GMMan »

I used trial and error and now have configured it to run from my thumb drive. Thanks, Vicious Muffin for helping.

plasma kaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plasma kaz »

Yeah, I tried it out for 30 days free, but they aren't doing it anymore. I tried it at my school's awlful computers, and someone caught me. Apparently under their "honor code" system, we're not allowed to change any background settings or anything regarding the computers. I didn't want to change the background, all I wanted was firefox! They still were mad at me...

lol :)

why i stay away from my school's computers as much as possible. they are too paranoid:P