News and info about current and upcoming releases of the game client and server.
- Posts: 4642
- Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
- Location: playing.cxx
We are pleased to announce the release of BZFlag 2.4.14. Platform binaries and the source code are available for download using the following links:
Windows: https://download.bzflag.org/bzflag/wind ... 2.4.14.exe
macOS: https://download.bzflag.org/bzflag/maco ... -macOS.zip
Source Code: https://download.bzflag.org/bzflag/source/2.4.14/
This release had a few additional features and some fixes.
- The mute/kill/kick/ban messages no longer display admin callsigns, and the ban message shows the remaining ban time.
- World weapon API has been revamped, including new bz_eServerShotFiredEvent and bz_eAllowServerShotFiredEvent events.
- New showMotto permission to control which players are allowed to set a motto.
- Custom BZDB variables defined by plugins no longer require using -setforced to set them from configuration file.
- The number pad keys are now treated uniquely for key mapping with SDL2.
- Antialiasing now works when starting the client windowed.
The full Changelog
is also available.
Last edited by allejo
on Thu May 03, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained.
" -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- Breaker of Builds
- Posts: 700
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:01 pm
- Location: /dev/null
A writeup/tutorial on API changes for world weapons can be found in my "plug-ins for dummies" series
- Private First Class
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:26 pm
- Location: .bzw
Awesome work guys, keep it up!
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:43 am
The macOS binary was recompiled with an older Xcode version and re-posted. Nothing else was changed, but we discovered that building with the latest Xcode tools causes some issues with the program, such as the inability to iconify with F4 on macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
If you are not running macOS High Sierra then you do not need to re-download the game, but if you are then you may want to do so to avoid running into that problem.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest