Unofficial BZFlag 2.0.13 Mac Build

News and info about current and upcoming releases of the game client and server.
macsforme
General
General

Unofficial BZFlag 2.0.13 Mac Build

Post by macsforme »

Since there has been no updated Mac build in a while, and there are several new features and bug fixes since the last build, I made a Mac build of the current 2.0 branch SVN code with a few changes. This build has a few advantages/changes over the 2.0.10 build, including:

Code: Select all

* Fixed bug in BZFS to counter one known spamming method.
* Source cleanup.
* Changed fonts to DejaVu.
To these I added other patches/fixes:

* Build is a lot smaller due to stripping of debugging symbols.
* BZFS binary actually supports loading plugins, unlike current 2.0.10 binary on SourceForge.
* New disk image background picture, courtesy of Winny.
* Trepan's backported stencil shadow fix - see http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14129
* Trepan's mouse clamp feature (see link above).
* Trepan's anti-flicker feature to eliminate "z-fighting" (configurable in Display menu and stops texture flashing, see link above).
* Changed fonts back to what they were in 2.0.10.
This build is for Snow Leopard on Intel only. It may also work on earlier Mac OS X versions on Intel processors. Unfortunately, the 2.0 branch code no longer builds on Tiger or earlier versions on Intel or PPC, so I cannot build a Universal Binary like 2.0.10 was. I have looked into this extensively, but have not been able to trace the error to any specific change. I would be open to feedback for whether this build works on earlier versions or not.

You can download the build here: http://fairserve.bzflag.net/builds/2010 ... 2.0.13.dmg
Also, as required by the LGPL license, source tarballs for this build are available here: http://fairserve.bzflag.net/builds/20100120/

This is an unofficial build and is not supported by the BZFlag project or developers. The usual LGPL license agreement and disclaimers apply. This unofficial release of a 2.0 branch Mac binary does not reflect on the timeline for the release of BZFlag 3.0.
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Unofficial BZFlag 2.0.13 Mac Build

Post by temporal distraction »

Constitution wrote:This build is for Snow Leopard on Intel only. It may also work on earlier Mac OS X versions on Intel processors.
I can confirm that this build does not work in Leopard 10.5 on Intel processor.

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap
Unless there is a conflict with my previously installed libs...
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Not on my snow leopard with intel processor. Is it a 64 bit build?
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Works great on my Snow Leopard Intel machines
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln