don't let BZFlag die

News and info about current and upcoming releases of the game client and server.
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Re: don't let BZFlag die

Post by Cobra_Fast »

Knox wrote:Than tell me, how do you want to promote BZFlag without paying for it? Is there a special free service?
I don't. Probably not. BZFlag should provide advertising material (like banners and buttons for websites) though.
Knox wrote:You know, we 're talking about getting hundred, or thousand people to play BZFlag, not just a few?
BZFlag spreaded fine by telling-friends-propaganda very well in my oppinion and the current ammount of players around is just fine to me. Heck I would quit BZFlag if it was crowded like other multiplayer games (with >1000 servers in their list and quarter of the servers being full with ~40 players each). I really don't want overpopulated BZFlag; Not as a player (More people => tanks stacked on maps & more trolls => less fun) and not as a hoster (More people => more trolls => more work).

Conclusion: If everyone would tell friends about the game and them playing it and recommending it to their friends should do the job just fine. Plus it's free of charge.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: don't let BZFlag die

Post by ducktape »

I guess i dont see the issue here. like everyone has already said, bzflag is constantly fluctuating. tell your friends, if you post the bzflag url in your facebook status update i bet tons of your friends would check it out.