Theme Suggestion

News and info about current and upcoming releases of the game client and server.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Theme Suggestion

Post by ducktape »

Seeing as how his brother had the same problem in 2008, lack of understanding must run in the family.
g4force
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by g4force »

a Theme song would be an awesome idea! but when exactly would it play? during the start up menu until you join a server? all the time? on the forums?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

As has been stated before. There is no support for music in the game.
ImageJeffM
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Honestly, even if there were, I'd rather the game not have a themesong or any music playing, or if this ever happens, there should be a way to turn the music off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-music or anything (on the contrary, music is one of my greatest loves, and I'm hoping to make a career out of it in the future), but I'd just much rather listen to my own music instead of one theme song that would probably get on my nerves before too long.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Agreed with Dartman, any music will get old before long, no matter how good it is. The recent GTA games ship with a considerable amount of "real" popular music, and even that eventually gets repetitive and needs to be shut off.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

If the game could support music, it would only be useful on the startup screen and mainmenu imo. However, there aren't any startup screens for the game and so many better things that could be done with the mainmenu than adding sound, stuff like mouse functionality, just my .02 on the theme suggestion.
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

cdogg9200 wrote:Cobra Fast: it sounds cool, but a theme song (in my opinion) shouldn't have lyrics. I don't know; I might be getting the wrong idea when you all say "theme song". When I think of it, I think of music playing at the menu screen and/or during gameplay.... If this isn't what was envisioned, please tell me.
I think it's good either way I'd say yes to the song but like dartman said the song would get old no matter how good it is.
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I might suggest (tongue firmly in cheek) the classic "PanzerLeid" - Wikipedia has a bit on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerlied. Amazingly it is still used by the Chilean military, the French Foreign Legion, the Italians, the Germans, the South Koreans, and (again according to Wikipedia) is unofficial anthem for the German community of Namibia. It started out as a sailor's song.

It's familiar to most people now from a movie, "The Battle of the Bulge": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPzTGx96P6U

with something like the original here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIm3pe5wbA

It's not a serious suggestion as there is more than just a whiff of Nazi aroma about it, but we could just write new lyrics - apparently almost everybody else has. Finding someone to sing it, though...
ZE BOZZ
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ZE BOZZ »

slime wrote:Apologies for the off topic remark, but just fyi reading this as an outside viewer makes my day after a long days work. Can't help but laugh as I read through all of these recent threads. Thanks :p
Same here Slime. :D

On the other hand, it is clearly surmised from reading this thread alone that people just don't want to do the work to do what must be done. If you have an idea make sure your ready to carry it out to the fullest, if not well...it's just a waste of space.
•• •• •• •• ••
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by The Purple Panzer »

I don't think that's fair - I know I'm two-blocked with other work, including volunteer work in different groups. And you never know - someone becomes inspired, maybe has the software to lay down and combine multiple tracks, and spends an evening coming up with something. I don't think anyone was saying "someone else must do this work". The best projects often begin with people kicking around ideas, then, when critical mass/convergence occurs, some people take on the task. So it might be with a theme song. Hey, even a high school band director might get involved putting together a recording - you never know. It's not a waste of space, it's fun.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

/me locks the two year old thread
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)