BZFlag 2.4.6 Release Candidate 2

News and info about current and upcoming releases of the game client and server.
blast
General
General

BZFlag 2.4.6 Release Candidate 2

Post by blast »

BZFlag 2.4.6 is coming soon, and today we're releasing the second release candidate. Since the RC1 build, this just fixes some issues with brightness/gamma not being restored properly.

Downloads:
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

blast
General
General

Re: BZFlag 2.4.6 Release Candidate 2

Post by blast »

Added a Mac OS X 10.7+ package from Constitution. Since we also use SDL2 on OS X, it also seems to have taken advantage of the brightness fixes.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

NTH
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by NTH »

Tadah.........

Fixes the windows 10 AMD drivers issue and restores the Gamma......

Many thanks
NTH

Why is it when someone says there is a more than a billion stars in the sky you believe them, but if that same person says wet paint you have to touch it to make sure.

You die you spawn ..... You die you spawn .....
Only you controls the length of time between the two.

BZ Cycle of life
JAL
Private
Private

Post by JAL »

Installing this version brings up a malware error in Windows Defender.

Windows Defender points to this being installed:
https://www.microsoft.com/security/port ... terprise=0

Any idea if this threat is real, or a false positive? For the time being, I've removed 2.4.6 RC2.

Details:

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
file:C:\Program Files (x86)\BZFlag 2.4.6.20160319-RC2\bzadmin.exe
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Sounds like a false positive to me, or your system was already infected with something when you downloaded it. I just scanned the directory with an updated Windows Defender and it found nothing. And on VirusTotal, only one generic hit from some AntiVirus from China:

https://virustotal.com/en/file/8b529806 ... 461863011/

mc_hambone
Private
Private

Post by mc_hambone »

I have a brand-new machine (Windows 10) and Windows Defender flagged the installer as the same Trojan reported above.

Sucks, because I really wanted to play it :-(
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I replaced the 2.4.6-RC2 installer with a new one that doesn't trigger a false positive in Windows 10's Windows Defender.

smchaha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by smchaha »

I just wanted to see if the change to the machine gun flag was intentional. On 2.4.2, for example mg is like a regular flag and shoots when you "fire". 2.4.6 RC2 on Mac, when I shoot with mg, it continues to shoot as if I were holding down the key until I either click, or press one of my keys mapped to shoot. I also have scroll wheel mapped to shoot but scrolling again does not make it stop. I'm not sure if this is a semiautomatic machine gun feature or a bug :)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

That's been an issue for a long time with MG for those who map fire to the mouse wheel. The mouse wheel does not trigger a "button up" event, so the MG never stops.