New Release: 2.4.16 "Reduce, Reuse, Replay"

News and info about current and upcoming releases of the game client and server.
blast
General
General

New Release: 2.4.16 "Reduce, Reuse, Replay"

Post by blast »

We are pleased to announce the release of BZFlag 2.4.16. Platform binaries and the source code are available for download using the following links:

Windows: https://download.bzflag.org/bzflag/wind ... 2.4.16.exe
macOS: https://download.bzflag.org/bzflag/maco ... -macOS.zip
Source Code: https://download.bzflag.org/bzflag/source/2.4.16/

This release primarily fixes a bug that I introduced in 2.4.14 that corrupted replay file headers. This release reverts that change, and can also read the corrupted header for replays made with the bad code.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

blast
General
General

Re: New Release: 2.4.16 "Reduce, Reuse, Replay"

Post by blast »

I just rebuilt and re-uploaded the Windows installer as I realized I had used an older copy of the dependencies.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

TankKilla
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TankKilla »

Hi, thanks for the new release but at witch time will be the release for Mac OS be ready? About? Thanks a lot, I have a lot of fun, playing BZFlag with my 27"-iMac.
TankKilla
(From Munich, Bavaria, the town of the Oktoberfest)
(Powered by Apple iMac 27" and Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 883 :-)
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

TankKilla wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:05 pm Hi, thanks for the new release but at witch time will be the release for Mac OS be ready? About? Thanks a lot, I have a lot of fun, playing BZFlag with my 27"-iMac.
I will try to have it up within a few more days. There are bugs in certain versions of Xcode that we have to maneuver around when building the release binary, and since Mojave was released there are several other things to check as well.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

To be fair, there's really not much of a difference between 2.4.14 and 2.4.16, especially if you're just running the client. The majority of the changes only apply to the server.

macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

The macOS build has been posted. And while what blast said is true, there is a nice fix for the window flickering when you start the game, courtesy of tupone.
Winegar
Private
Private

Post by Winegar »

So glad that flickering was fixed. I don't know why, but it was so annoying to me. haha
leviathan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by leviathan »

Great to see updates, great to see this game still being loved and cared about.
/levi