Page 1 of 1
BZFlag Version 2.0.2 released
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:28 pm
The maint. release for the 2.0.x line has been released and is being uploaded to sourceforge.
the windows version is at http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bzfl ... e?download
Other builds are expectd to be uploaded throughout the day.
This version most fixes bugs in 2.0.0 but has a few new features. The version is compatable with older 2.0.0 clients and servers.
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:47 pm
Could you give a short list of the new features?
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:50 pm
from the changelog
BZFlag 2.0.2 "Queen of Maybe" (2005-03-18)
* Added TALK, MUTE, UNMUTE permissions - Angelina Carlton
* Added /mute, /unmute commands - Angelina Carlton
* bzadmin does not require opengl headers - Alfredo Tupone
* bzfs handle both -mp specification - Alfredo Tupone
* bzfs correctly handles ban time - Alfredo Tupone, Julio Jimenez
* bzfs no more put jittered players as Not Responding - Alfredo Tupone
* bzfs stop shot from dead player - Alfredo Tupone
* Roaming switching between player goes even on Dead Player - Alfredo Tupone
* Fixed bzfs crash associated to "Error adding player" - Alfredo Tupone
* bzflag count a single -1 score for a tk (like server does) - Alfredo Tupone
* Fixes on hostban handling - Alfredo Tupone
* Fixed force feedback on Windows - Scott Wichser
* New Kick/Ban options using slot numbers (rendered in client) - Julio Jimenez
* Added EndShot cheat detection - Julio Jimenez
* Avoid spawning on top of tanks with SR or BU - Daniel Remenak
* Add fine-grained permissions control of polling - Daniel Remenak
* Fixed loading of colormapped PNGs - Daniel Remenak
* Add SPAWN permission, remove -requireidentify - Steve Krenzel, Tim Riker
* A /say command for server messages - Julio Jimenez, Frank Evers
* Rejoin permission for avoiding _rejoinTime limit - Frank Evers, Julio Jimenez
* A player will auto ghost if they use global authentication - Steve Krenzel
* Server announces who started a countdown - Angelina Carlton
* Fixed server start menu for windows - Daniel Remenak
* Message spam checking bug fixed - Alfredo Tupone
* Fixed no flag on building - Alfredo Tupone
* Fixed MsgQueryPlayer eventually sending AddPlayer to all - Alfredo Tupone
* Removing kicking player for missing packet - Alfredo Tupone
* Player is unpaused when coming alive - Alfredo Tupone
* Observer of winner not updating the flag fixed - Alfredo Tupone
* Fixed 2 flag per team selecting ctf on world & CommandLine - Alfredo Tupone
* Fixed lag warning counted twice - Alfredo Tupone
* Allow user to select which physical joystick axes to use - Daniel Remenak
* Fix a number of server crash bugs - Daniel Remenak
* ctf make restarting on base even when dead - Anonymous
* Fixed weirdness on Console Panel when disabling chat display - Alfredo Tupone
* Fixed a segfault with SDL and no audio - Alfredo Tupone
* bzadmin wipes argv to hide possible password - Tim Riker
* Lagstats and Playerlist no longer filtered - Steve Krenzel
* print errors in red - Frank Thilo
* simple scroll indicator for control panel - Frank Thilo
* antiban perm actually counters a server ban now - Steve Krenzel
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:00 pm
Oh, somewhere I heard of a new "explosion view" where when you die the camera switches to see a view of your complete exploding tank. Is that a rumor?
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:06 am
I think that's true..
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:24 am
it was disabled for now. If it is added back in there will be an option to use the "old" style.
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:29 am
I'm glad it'll have an option for disabling it... I played with it for about a week and felt like I was going to lose my lunch everytime I died
I finally upgraded my CVS version and it went away - YAY!
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:12 pm
when do you expect 2.0.2 mac builds to be linked to from bzflag.org?
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:16 pm
When it is built.
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:08 pm
haha thanks for your exact time
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:00 pm
Thanks again for posting the builds, JeffM.
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:38 pm
DTRrenemak did the builds, I just did the post
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:51 am
Thanks to you, too, DTRemenack!
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:04 pm
Wow. I dont even need 3D accell for this to run fast.
I reinstalled FC3 recentally, and the first thing I did was install this. I just cant believe how much faster it is!
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:46 am
i wonder, why i can not send private messages to all or to the team durring the game ? The game let me know that i must register my self, so i did that on the http://my.bzflag.org/bb/profile.php?mode=register
, so i had username and password.... hm , i also did confirm when they send me an email ...
what is next??
BZFlag Version 2.0.2 released
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:51 am
should i first uninstall the version 2.0.0. before installing new 2.0.2 ????
Re: BZFlag Version 2.0.2 released
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:26 pm
i found the solution of may problem, i just couldnt send messages to all or team becouse i didnt write a password before i start the game.
so, another question is,.. new version ,,,is it better than 2.0.0.
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:29 pm
The new version incorporates a few new features, but it also fixes a lot of bugs that were discovered in 2.0.0. So, yes, it's better.
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:44 pm
What are the visible new features?
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:23 pm
Does anyone know exactly <u>why</u> the new release is called "Queen of Maybe"? I could never understand the names developers give to the releases... I mean, is it a private joke or what? =)
Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:37 pm
No to be impatient but, how's progress going for the Mac OS X version?
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:47 am
the OSX version has been done since 3/18, so nearly 2 months
it is listed in the SourceForge Build page with all the other mac files.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... e_id=53923
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:37 am
Sorry, I just kept checking the downloads page instead.
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:29 pm
The downloads page was never updated properly, I went in and fixed it up, so it's understandable.