BZFlag Mac OS X CVS Build

News and info about current and upcoming releases of the game client and server.
a jedi
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZFlag Mac OS X CVS Build

Post by a jedi »

I have a CVS build about a week old for ppc macs
does any one want it?
and where would it be hosted
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Wtf?
The point of CVS is so anyone can get an up-to-date version whenever they want...

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
MacMan92
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MacMan92 »

I personally would love it, except for the fact that most of the servers are using 2.0.8 and it probably would cause a few problems. What are the new features?
Image - LOL :-)

BZFlag-2.0.8
Apple PowerBook G4 15'' 1.67GHz, 80GB internal, 250GB external Lacie D2 Extreme
Mac OS 10.4.8
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Tech Support wrote:I personally would love it, except for the fact that most of the servers are using 2.0.8 and it probably would cause a few problems. What are the new features?
It wouldn't cause any problems. None. Nada. Everything in a 0.0.x series is fully compatible (eg, you can play on a 2.0.0 server with 2.0.8 and vice versa and any other combination).

There are barely any new features, the only notable one I remember is auto hunt. They're saving all the features for the 2.2 release.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Enigma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Enigma »

BZFlag 2.0.9 from CVS doesn't include autohunt. You'll have to apply it yourself if you want it.

You can get autohunt here:
Clicky
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

a jedi never mentioned if he got his CVS from HEAD or the 2.0 branch. He might be offering 2.1. If that's the case, there are a lot of new features, but there are currently... umm... zero compatable public servers running right now.
a jedi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a jedi »

Yes its the 2.1 buildsomeone should start a 2.1 server to test all the new features
and I cant figure out how to build a intel build but rosetta runs the ppc build extremely fast so thats not a problem yet
Huey Lewis
Private
Private

Mac OS Intel build's brightness control is broken

Post by Huey Lewis »

Hi all.

I have an Intel build for Mac, but the brightness control doesn't do anything. So it's pretty much unplayable.

Anybody have a fully working build?

Thanks!
tadd
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

MacOS build of 2.0.9 BZFS highly desirable

Post by tadd »

There is a new feature since 2.0.8 in BZFS where CHAT text sent by a user before-authentication-is-complete will now be ignored. In 2.0.8 and before if a user posts a CHAT message before authentication is complete it would show as being from {UNKNOWN}. Somebody has been spamming servers for hours at a time (one server at a time apparently) exploiting this bug.
Apparently the HEAD version of the code has the fix and builds as 2.0.9. I would love to have BZFS 2.0.9 in a Mac, PPC version. I tried to build it from SVN yesterday but got compile errors. I was told on #bzflag IRC that I had some weird libraries on the Mac I was building on.

Anybody have a mac that does NOT have wierd libraries?
I can host the binary if somebody can make it. (I'll host it until and unless downloads excede my load capacity)
Thanks.
Tadd

Please PM me if you have a binary. Thanks.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 800 character limit
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by that exploding tank »

The build for BZFS 2.0.9 is now available via SVN, which corrects this spammer problem by autokicking anyone using the Tor proxy network.

You can see Jeff's complete post here: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9740