BZflag Nostalgia site

External websites, for and about BZFlag
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZflag Nostalgia site

Post by sid6.7 »

WOW its been 13 years since I played and designed maps I see Bzflag has moved on and may be out of my league especially maps wise.

I still have my old map site here: http://www.cruzan.info/bzflag/bzflag.html

I have no idea if old maps will work now but you are welcome to give it a try pre-2008 stuff.

I also have an old archive of about 570 maps made the old way.

I have no idea if the old map maker is still around you might need it to view the maps if Bzflag no longer supports the old stuff.

regards

sid6.7
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZflag Nostalgia site

Post by tainn »

Looking good!

The "old way" seems more modern than the way some of us build maps now from time to time, which is entirely by hand in the bzw file, keeping it all in your head and checking it out as obs while building and running on localhost.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZflag Nostalgia site

Post by Zehra »

Wow, I'd probably like to see a map rotation of this some time, the maps look impressive.

Would it be alright if someone tries a mesh conversion of the maps and to add texturing? (I'm a bit interested in seeing Space Station with some space themed texturing.)

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread