Redjacket Stats - Stats with Graphs

External websites, for and about BZFlag
AAA
Private First Class
Private First Class

Redjacket Stats - Stats with Graphs

Post by AAA »

I have finished most of the features I want to get on the site now.
This is the "second return" of bzflag.redjacket.ws, It has been up three times. This time hosting is generously being provided by Constitution.
A good example of player graphs:
http://bzflag.redjacket.ws/index.php/player/aaa
http://bzflag.redjacket.ws/index.php/player/r3lax (lots of images to load)
Ever wanted to know when to catch someone? Here is where to do it.

The players online chart for the last 24 hours is on the front page, you can see an enlarged version though.

I am also proud of the player searcher, which enables a pageless-submit if you support AJAX (and falls back to web 1.0 if not)
I would like to incorporate other web20 technologies later on (Time-warp servers, see who was playing in the past).

You can see who from what league is online. The player lists from leagues update four times a day, and player scores every ten minutes (until I get out of beta)

My list server scanner uses my open-source PHP class set BZFlag_Info, see the help page for info on that.

Comments for improvements would be nice.
Yes, I know it isn't standards-compliant. Some problems pop up if people use special characters in their names, which may also be a problem in BZFlag_Info.
Admin and Senior Vice Executive Administrator of Network and System Architecture @ BZFX -- Core Admin @ CAN -- SF.net user diamondmagic -- irc.freenode.net nickname AAA_awright (#bzfx if not #bzflag)
a blue tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a blue tank »

Really nice. Except all my graphs go downhill. :-(

What about overall strength over time? Average killrate over all servers over several weeks?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Well, there are a lot of graphs, but what is the purpose? A graph for graphing sake, is pretty useless. Is there really a need for 101 Graphs for R3lax? Yes, I counted them. There is just way to much information to make much sense of any of it. You should have no more than 3 or 4 well chosen graphs, if you want to provide additional info, make them drill down or links.

I like the player searcher, it is very quick and responsive.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
strayer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by strayer »

I like the graphs, but donny_baker is right when he means that there are way too much in the player profiles. Reducing the sessions to a number of (i.e.) 20 and placing a link to browse through all or just a few more sessions, would be nice. Maybe it would be a good idea to leave out the session graphs when a player was seen only once or twice during a session.
In my eyes, all of the other graphs are very informative!

Unfortunately, there are a lot of details that should be changed/fixed, before the "beta" can be removed...like the special char problem in player names, wrong site-internal links, use of the rogue-color for graphs that should be red, appearance of xml-like content from time to time (except of the expected HTML content) and so on...

Good work so far.
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)
AAA
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by AAA »

It is removing data after 7 to 8 days now, R3laX only has 32 images to load now. I am working on a way to determine what data is more unimportant based on time and length, and a way to load hidden data if you want it.
My last version had stats like favorite team and server, that will come later on too.
Admin and Senior Vice Executive Administrator of Network and System Architecture @ BZFX -- Core Admin @ CAN -- SF.net user diamondmagic -- irc.freenode.net nickname AAA_awright (#bzfx if not #bzflag)
a blue tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a blue tank »

Hmm, this whole stats website seems to have gone walkabout.
captainmack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by captainmack »

yeah, all i can see in an index of
"So you think that money is the root of all evil? Have you ever asked what is the root of money?"

macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

BZFX/Redjacket is presently minus a reliable server.