Making A Map On ANY OS'S

External websites, for and about BZFlag
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Making A Map On ANY OS'S

Post by allejo »

Hey everyone. this topic concerns all the people on macs and want to learn or need help making maps. I have created a website and forums for this. anyway the link is: http://macmapping.synthasite.com/ and i have a chat room, forum, map making programs, and other things on this website. I'd like to invite everyone to come to my website even if your not on a mac you can still come and ask questions on making maps. I am planning to extend my website to pcs then linux. for now i have only macs. I hope this website and forums is a service to you all. Thank You.

-Ha You Got Shot By Me
Last edited by allejo on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marines
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Marines »

wow you did a good job! I need help with my map :D
Poke Me And Die!
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Mac OS X has become a great platform for map development. When I started, all we had was text editors.

But over time, more and more tools have been developed to work on OS X, and nowadays it's a really great place to make maps.

I wish you luck with your forum.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Marines
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Marines »

wow so far we have got a lot of people. But we still would like more :) Thank you all who registered so far.
Poke Me And Die!
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

I'd recommend not putting all this information onto a separate site.

Instead, start putting it all on the wiki, which is more or less the "home base" for all BZFlag information.

http://my.bzflag.org/w/
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

Winny wrote:I'd recommend not putting all this information onto a separate site.

Instead, start putting it all on the wiki, which is more or less the "home base" for all BZFlag information.

http://my.bzflag.org/w/
Yeah good Idea. And also add external links to other bzflag sources such as the forums and the bzflag.org, stats.bzflag.org and maybe links to ctf leagues and stuff and links to groups such as CoAM and WTWrP. But If I were you HaYouGot~ I would make a link in the navigation panel saying, BZFlag Links. And then put everything there. I think theres a list of BZFlag related links on the wiki so you can either build a link to that page to save time from typing all of those links ;)
Marines
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Marines »

there are links to bzflag home page, forums, wiki, downloads page and more.
Poke Me And Die!
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

I agree with Winny. Most of this should be moved to the wiki. Besides, about half the information on the site are links to the wiki.

Also, since BZ is very cross-platform, most of the information that concerns using OS X with BZ has to do with getting everything set up. Once you have your developer tools set up, the overall process is the same on any platform: code, test, deploy. Fortunately, writing a mesh by hand on a Windows machine doesn't make it appear any different than on a Mac. ;-)

But from the looks of it, it seems like a good start. Keep up the good work.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

thank you all for your comments and i think i would change all the little links to a specific object to just the wiki. thank you all. and yes i already have links to bz related things like marines said. anyway i'll see what i can add from your comments.

edit: ok correction. i forgot i cant put this on the wiki because since bzflag moderators say they can't support projects that aren't open source. that is why i didn't and can't put it on the wiki. this info must stay on an "outside" website/source. so sorry that this can't be on the wiki.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Announcement

Post by allejo »

Hi everyone,

As everyone knows my website was only for Macs. I am pleased to announce that my website AND forums will be updated so it will support all OS's. Meaning that I will have help on all bz map making programs for PC's and Linux. My forums will have categories for all OS's. This website is not meant to replace anything it is just meant to help all new map makers in the BZCommunity. This change will be in affect by the end of November. If you would like to make banner for the mini contest on my site and forums. Please see the rules and PM me the banner on bzflag forums or on my Macmapping forums. The rules are here : http://macmapping.synthasite.com/news.php

-HYGSBM

One more thing. If you are an experienced map maker or wanna become one please join the macmapping forums and help each other out. http://macmapping.forumotion.net/
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

One More Announcement

Post by allejo »

I have gotten a new URL for my site and it is the following: http://www.bzmapping.co.nr/

One More: My Website is now for all OS's but yet not completed 100% Although, my forums Forums are complete and there are a few experienced mapmakers registered there. but please i would like more people to join so we can have more helpers and more mapmakers. Because personally i feel the same maps are being played on, so why don't more people come and bring their ideas to BZ.

p.s. Mods if you think this should be merged with the topic before this one go ahead and does so. i just want people to know about this.

Thanks

Ha You Got Shot By Me.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Re: Making A Map On ANY OS'S

Post by allejo »

One more announcement...

The banner contest is over and we have the final entries. So go to the forums and vote under Regular Discussion. Anyone can vote and you do not have to be registered to vote. After the poll is over I will try my best to put up revision of the website with more information and more details. Please go and vote because last time I checked the votes were tied. You can be the one to untie the poll.

-HYGSBM
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

lots of announcements...
i got 1 question tho (it might have been mentioned, but im not sure... i just skimmed through the topic quickly)
i use iBZEdit... is there a new program for map making?
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

nope. there arent any new map editors for any os. only bzworkbench but its still in development. for now you gotta stick with ibzedit or learn how to code my hand. its not that hard. :D i code 80% of my maps by hand. the other 20% is made by ibezedit.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Finally after about three months i have finished remodeling BZMapping website. I have been going through links and I personally haven't found any problems. I have gotten a different domain name for my site yet again. :? I hope this one would be easier to remember. The link is: http://bzmapping.tk/ or if the link does not work please use: http://bzmapping.jumbofx.com/Welcome.html If you come upon any bugs or typos i have may have made please report them. Just go under "Report a bug or typo" and fill in the blanks. I will try to fix the bugs as soon as possible. I have noticed Firefox has trouble loading the website correctly. I will look into that, for any Firefox users sorry for the inconvenience. the white background is dull but temporary. dont worry i will change it. Please let me know what you think. Thanks to rob5a, robby, or whatever he is going by now for the banner. nice job.

-Allejo
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

The BZMapping website has been moved to another server. The current url is http://bzmapping.2x.nu/ even though bzmapping.jumbofx.com will still work for a while it will soon be taken down. bzmapping.tk will now send you to the new link.