BZStocks - The BZ Population Decides

External websites, for and about BZFlag
mahem1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZStocks - The BZ Population Decides

Post by mahem1 »

Bug Report: I just lost about $100,000 of my portfolio today(Monday 18th) at around 11:05pm gmt. This *seems* to have happened when one/two of my stocks reached it's 6 hour sale buffer.
Feature Request: A 'Sales History' on the 'Home' page, to keep sold stocks in a frozen state of when they were sold. Three days or so should be enough time for investor to check on sold stocks. This would really to help keep track of gains and loses.
Feature Request: Add dates to when stocks were bought, this is helpful when estimating the average gain and whatnot.
Lag makes me miss all of the good stuff.
And random bans..........
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Perhaps this side project should have it's own forums for feature discussions ;)
ImageJeffM
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

mahem1 wrote:Bug Report: I just lost about $100,000 of my portfolio today(Monday 18th) at around 11:05pm gmt. This *seems* to have happened when one/two of my stocks reached it's 6 hour sale buffer.
Fixed. Whole site is still under debug and strict backup mode so I will be studying debug reports for issues. Lost data should not be an issue.
mahem1 wrote: Feature Request: A 'Sales History' on the 'Home' page, to keep sold stocks in a frozen state of when they were sold. Three days or so should be enough time for investor to check on sold stocks. This would really to help keep track of gains and loses.
Feature Request: Add dates to when stocks were bought, this is helpful when estimating the average gain and whatnot.
Good ideas. Will work on them. Got a "History" page that will be added soon containing all past purchases. Note that anything not tracked before this feature was added is unable to be included, but future purchases will. In addition, the page shows when each event occurred and the amount of shares involved, the stock involved, money, etc.

These can then be filtered based on specifying a certain date range and by purchases and sells (Which can be combined with date filters).
JeffM wrote: Perhaps this side project should have it's own forums for feature discussions [...]
Right, this is already in the feature queue list, but still under development. I assume that any future discussions about the actual functionality, issues, and comments about the website itself will be directed there naturally once it has been made. Features include each user having their own profile page (Containing their money info and rank as well), the ability to upload a small avatar like forums, and then of course some standard forum features for easy communication in a variety of ways. Each stock page will also be gaining its own comment section so users can leave comments about how well the stock performs or just general information or news about it.

mahem1, one other feature request you asked for previously:
mahem1 wrote:One nice feature would be to have the highs, lows and averages for each specific time-frame(24hours,3days,week, etc.) on the individual servers info page. The All Time highs and lows are fairly worthless because, for instance, PMAIA2's all time low is 0.1, but since the Apocalypse(Map) has been up it has never been that low.
This feature is still being worked on as there is a small issue with speed. I just haven't gotten around to smartly caching the data.

And then there is still the matter of transferring everyone over to the BZID login system.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

This may have already been answered... but do stocks pay dividends?
...This has been a recording.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Sorry for the late reply. There are no dividends in BZStocks as far as I'm concerned. Did not find any need for them unless you want to suggest a way to make that happen.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

A rather large maintenance has occurred recently.

The maintenance involves the integration of the global BZBB login service with BZStocks, so you do not have to worry about giving us your information anymore. Both registration and logging in have transferred over to these services and for legacy reasons we leave our logins for now.

In addition, we changed the way the stock values work to reflect a better and more accurate depiction of a stock market. The market is based off of demand in the market as well as the server populations themselves which will hopefully balance things out better and overall lead to some interesting competition for prices (As well as allow players in the simulation to control market share a bit.)

Hope everyone enjoys these changes (I know, it's taking a while to adjust, haha), we will soon have our final few features implemented to officially call it a complete product!
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

I haven't logged in and checked til just now and it looks like I've lost all my stocks since you moved to the new login tied with bzbb. Any way to restore what was lost?
...This has been a recording.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

You are correct. In order to prevent issues with players losing money invalidly, we decided to auto sell everyone's stocks once the new system was implemented. Once the new system kicked in, things started to balance out and if anyone had investments, it would have ended in a large brokerage for many.

If you wish, I can restore and emulate the time that has passed since then in case you really would rather have your investments run through the system and see the results. I won't revert this though so it is your choice. Sorry for the inconvenience.