BZ Site/Image Hosting...

External websites, for and about BZFlag
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZ Site/Image Hosting...

Post by pyr0 »

Well, I have all this extra BW that I dont use between the 4 or 5 sites hosted. So here's the deal, I'll gladly host most any bz related website, so long as it is bz related in some fasion. Whether it be a team website or a league site of sorts, even a map hosting site. Images and maps can be hosted for download as well...

If you don't have your own domain, I'll host it under a subdomain for HTFLeague.com, BattleZoneBrothers.com or pyr02k1.com. Images and maps will be hosted under hosted.pyr02k1.com so they can be easily found by me. If you have multiple files or the name conflicts with another, I'll place all your files in a seperate folder.

There is 1 catch though. If you get your site hosted, I'll need to know you in some fashion. Whether it be you directly or indirectly through someone else. On the other hand, I don't really need to know you to host a map file or image since they can only eat bandwidth but arent going to be a risk...

Any questions/requests, PM me

-pyr0

P.S. Any domains/Subdomains hosted will have CPanel/Fantastico to go along with it, MySQL, FTP and email as well. Since it's free, the only thing that will vary between the 2 is the number of emails. Space, MySQL Databases and FTPs will all be about the same, though I havent picked the normal amoung yet.
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

Hey! Great, do you need all the .html files? or can you do a redirect?

I would greatly love: http://web.mac.com/twgin to become: www.bzflagpod.com

If you know Tanner, then you know me, if you know any of the [FF] gu league team members, you know me.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Legolas_ wrote:Hey! Great, do you need all the .html files? or can you do a redirect?

I would greatly love: http://web.mac.com/twgin to become: www.bzflagpod.com

If you know Tanner, then you know me, if you know any of the [FF] gu league team members, you know me.
pyr0 is offering hosting - which you already have.
You don't need him to point the bzflagpod.com domain to your site.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

What I meant was, you pay for the domain, I'll take care of the site hosting. If you buy bzflagpod.com, I can host it at no cost to you beyond the original domain cost. In other words, It costs you $10 or so to get the domain and nothing for the hosting since I pay for the resellers account that it'd be hosted on.

And if I did host the BZ Pod site, yes, you would be better off moving off of the mac hosting to host it at my host. You would still fall under Macs bandwidth limits where as I'd allocate you somewhere around 10GB or so of BW to host on, more if needed.

Back to work for me,
-pyr0
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

You can get domains for under $3, though the usual price would be about $7 or $8.
There was another topic about domain prices here recently.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

pyr0 wrote:What I meant was, you pay for the domain, I'll take care of the site hosting. If you buy bzflagpod.com, I can host it at no cost to you beyond the original domain cost. In other words, It costs you $10 or so to get the domain and nothing for the hosting since I pay for the resellers account that it'd be hosted on.

And if I did host the BZ Pod site, yes, you would be better off moving off of the mac hosting to host it at my host. You would still fall under Macs bandwidth limits where as I'd allocate you somewhere around 10GB or so of BW to host on, more if needed.

Back to work for me,
-pyr0
Ok!! Now i get it. I would really like a redirect ( agood one) to bzflagpod.(whatever) If any of you know one of these please let me know.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Just buy a domain. It's extremely simple.

Merry Christmas!

pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

Legolas_ wrote:
pyr0 wrote:What I meant was, you pay for the domain, I'll take care of the site hosting. If you buy bzflagpod.com, I can host it at no cost to you beyond the original domain cost. In other words, It costs you $10 or so to get the domain and nothing for the hosting since I pay for the resellers account that it'd be hosted on.

Back to work for me,
-pyr0
Ok!! Now i get it. I would really like a redirect ( agood one) to bzflagpod.(whatever) If any of you know one of these please let me know.
http://bzflagpod.pyr02k1.com
http://bzpod.pyr02k1.com
http://bzflagpod.htfleague.com
http://bzpod.htfleague.com
http://bzflagpod.battlezonebrothers.com
http://bzpod.battlezonebrothers.com

??
-pyr0
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

the 3 of them, yes. I plan to get one or 2 more in the future, bz related, but I cant seem to think of anything good since I cant think of anything good to put up :)
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

how about .map? then you could have maps be: www.redriver.hosted.map
or something along those lines
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

You can't have a domain ending in .map... :roll:

Merry Christmas!

pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

that was exactky what i was thinking
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

you cant? how about .map.com?
pyr0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyr0 »

only if you own www.map.com, then you could make a subdomain under it. but since .map doesnt exist, map.com would need to be owned to get whatever.map.com. and in any case, im pretty sure map.com is taken for the next 2000 years or so, at least until someone comes up with a new domain naming scheme.

-pyr0