plz host my map if u do ill make u admin
Attachments
my priment server.bzw
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

plz read dis b4 postin a map none hav 2 make u admin loz.

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10575

Seriously. Read it. It explans why this type of thing is not allowed. Someone can host your map, but you in no way have to be an admin.

And also, the map isn't very good. Sorry:
- Tanks can easily get stuck on the pyrs
- The bases are really close together
- There is no real the map doesn't have much balance... things need to be even in a 4, 3, 2 team CTF.

Keep working on your maps though, I'm sure you'll get better.
ausom
Private
Private

Post by ausom »

Winny
He said that if someone hosts it he'll make that person admin on that server, not asking to be admin on that server where it is hosted.

R32Z
You have to realize, that the server owner owns the server, so s/he can make him/herself whether you like it or not, and s/he decides who administrators it.

Your map is unsymmetrical, a trait found rarely in most successful CTF maps. Also, the bases are too close together to have decent gameplay. Lastly, it looks like the whole thing was dragged and dropped. I suggest using the number input things at the bottom of bzedit to make things line up.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Right, so he R32Z anyone can host your map if you post it here, and you do not have to be made an admin on that server. The server owner decides, not the map maker.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Learn to host it yourself if you want control over it, but even then, if your map is good enough it will be stolen and used for many different purposes if you post it here :)
Last edited by Grace F on Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Grace F wrote:Learn to host it yourself if you want control over it, but even then, if your map is god enough it will be stolen and used for many different purposes if you post it here :)
I don't think they have to worry about anyone stealing this map...
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

this map i definitely isn't feeling any love from these people.
<sarcasm> way to be encouraging guys </sarcasm>
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
The Frog Master
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Frog Master »

Well, at least you figured out how to use the program, and the from my experience, giant flat pyramids dont work particularly well.

Keep trying,

Froggy
Ummmm, yea, errrrrr, hi, hey, is this thing on??
Probably not, oh well, ahhhh, wellll, the thing is... ahh tarnation, who cares.
the_j0k3r
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the_j0k3r »

A bit of terminology for you, since if you want to keep making maps you won't be treated badly by others.

A map is not the same thing as a server, a server refers to the bzfs program, which hosts the map. If i say i have a map, it means that i have what you made there, but if i say i have a server, it means that i can host any map i want, on the actual game bzflag, be it lan or online.
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

Hey R32Z, you should read this post.

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t ... ight=first

As far as the problem that people are talking about with the pyramids. if you still want that look (and i know this is going off topic) you just have to make a material and a meshbox, link the phyramid material to that meshbox. and you have the same look but you can acually drive on it. if you read the hand editing section on that wiki i gave you you would know how to do this very quickly. here it is again.

http://my.bzflag.org/w/Editing_by_Hand

About getting someone to host your map they PROBABLY, most likely would let you be an administrator. but it's true they don't HAVE let you.

i hope you get your maps looking great and up and running on the server list soon. but let me tell you it took a LONG time and perseverance before i got my maps on the list. it took me a lot of reading, and many posts on the forums before my maps were on public servers.

you know what would help him out is an "ibzserver" for windows. does any body here no of such thing. i haven't researched cause i don't have a PC. but a quick way for R32Z to run a LAN server and look at his map, play it with bots, and get it perfect i bet would help a lot!

that's what i did ;)

good luck R32Z
Last edited by flight on Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

What the hell is an "ibzserver"?

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

CannonBallGuy wrote:What the hell is an "ibzserver"?
Heh, use the search function on the forum. :roll:

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9524
http://www.ibzedit.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=41
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

I guess the term "an ibzserver" threw me off, I thought someone was confusing ibzedit with bzfs.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007