Two Walls

User made maps to use on servers.
a flea
Private First Class
Private First Class

Two Walls

Post by a flea »

This is my first map which I named Two Walls. I wrote it in Kate (Kde Advanced Text Editor)

There are two ways to get onto the enemies base to capture their flag. One is to go through either of the underground tunnels on the sides of the map. The other way is to work your way through the middle and climb up some stairs to one of the two teleporters against the enemies wall.

Im just starting out mapmaking. Comments and suggestions would be appreciated. :D

Edit: Updated map
Attachments
newmap4.bzw
(13.83 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
newmap3.bzw
(13.75 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
newmap2.bzw
(13.8 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
newmap.bzw
(13.8 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Last edited by a flea on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I really enjoy this map and its layout. Nicely done. Maybe lower tankspeed a little to make jumping easier...

Tips:
Don't make pyramids that poke through bases, it can cause errors, or make a tank spawn "sealed".

Try not to make as many jumps from one area to the next. Ten to fifteen jumps is often looked at as too much for the standard player... they want it easy. Maybe around 2-4.

Of course, you will need to get your textures to load on other computers, not just your machine. It looked like a local path to the textures, which is why these screenshots don't give it its full merit.

But those are only tips and suggestions. I like it very much so!

Screenies:
Attachments
bzfi0005.png
View of base and red team's side...
(508.31 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
bzfi0006.png
View of the middle of the map and all its steps.
(405.3 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
bzfi0007.png
Overhead view.
(431.02 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
a flea
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a flea »

ducatiwannabe wrote:I really enjoy this map and its layout. Nicely done. Maybe lower tankspeed a little to make jumping easier...

Tips:
Don't make pyramids that poke through bases, it can cause errors, or make a tank spawn "sealed".

Try not to make as many jumps from one area to the next. Ten to fifteen jumps is often looked at as too much for the standard player... they want it easy. Maybe around 2-4.

Of course, you will need to get your textures to load on other computers, not just your machine. It looked like a local path to the textures, which is why these screenshots don't give it its full merit.

But those are only tips and suggestions. I like it very much so!

Screenies:
Thanks for the comment and screenies!

I think I fixed the texture issue so it will load. I also slowed down the tank speed a little.
Jack1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jack1 »

wow nice map... You must see behind the editor or something :mrgreen:
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

The bases look a little inaccessible, maybe make them lower so that tanks can easily reach them.
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Easy Target wrote:The bases look a little inaccessible, maybe make them lower so that tanks can easily reach them.
I haven't tested jumping from the middle, but it's likely you could reach them from there. That is, of course, if you didn't want to use the jump pad below the base (A box with physics that bounces your tank up to the base), which you would have had no way of knowing unless you had explored around the map, due to our lack of information. :) But there's a way up.
a flea
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a flea »

Would it be better if I added teleporters to get to the bases?
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I think it's fine the way it is, but it's always a good idea to have more than one way up to a base. If you feel so inclined, do so. :)
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

maybe, probably just try to make the bases a little more easily accessible, so that even an idiot (like me) would be able to go there... I like the design all in all. probably make the base somewhere closer to the ground, or... you could add jumps to get to it if you dont have a jump pad or anything like that...
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?