Spikewall

User made maps to use on servers.
a flea
Private First Class
Private First Class

Spikewall

Post by a flea »

This is my second map I am calling Spikewall.

To get to the enemies base to capture their flag, you have to make it to one of the two teleporters at the other side of the map. After this you must go to another teleporter which will take you to the enemies base.

Sometimes the teleporters jam, so you have to jump through them. If anyone has any ideas why it might be doing this please let me know.

Comments and criticisms are welcome!

edit:
Updated map
Attachments
spike-wall1.2.bzw
(22.09 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Last edited by a flea on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

The teleporters do jam, and it takes a great deal of pain to get through them. (I just read that after testing it, after thinking, "Why the **** can't I get through this teleporter?" Try increasing the Z-Axis of it until it works.)

Personally, there are too many levels in this map. While this allows it to serve a great deal of players, it also means that getting from Place A to Place B is usually too cumbersome for only a few people. I couldn't believe it was only a standard 800x800 map at first sight.

Also, forcing people to use teleporters for transportation is usually a Bad Idea. Teleporters are (for the most part) meant to be supplementary to navigation, not essential. If you have to use them for main navigation, you need to get the kinks out.

I guess this is the part where I say, "looks good lol." Well then, it looks great, and I'll give you an lol, and an extra kekekeke as a gift.
a flea
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a flea »

F687/s wrote:The teleporters do jam, and it takes a great deal of pain to get through them. (I just read that after testing it, after thinking, "Why the **** can't I get through this teleporter?" Try increasing the Z-Axis of it until it works.)

Personally, there are too many levels in this map. While this allows it to serve a great deal of players, it also means that getting from Place A to Place B is usually too cumbersome for only a few people. I couldn't believe it was only a standard 800x800 map at first sight.

Also, forcing people to use teleporters for transportation is usually a Bad Idea. Teleporters are (for the most part) meant to be supplementary to navigation, not essential. If you have to use them for main navigation, you need to get the kinks out.

I guess this is the part where I say, "looks good lol." Well then, it looks great, and I'll give you an lol, and an extra kekekeke as a gift.
I just removed the teleporters that were jamming and added jump pads instead.

Thanks for the comment and for testing my map.

Edit:

Now hosted at bzfmaps.net port 7002