Centrifuge

User made maps to use on servers.
Destroyer1313
Private First Class
Private First Class

Centrifuge

Post by Destroyer1313 »

CTF Map, rico, jumping, L, ST, SW, G, and CL. All questions, comments and criticism are appreciated.
Attachments
Centrifuge.bzw
(10.04 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
bzfi0003.jpg
(172.5 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
bzfi0004.jpg
(245 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
bzfi0005.jpg
(195.55 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Dormant. Not really. Kinda.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

I see you put a good deal of effort into this map...

First of all, I'd like to congratulate you. Your map almost achieved a perfect Kwalitee score in regards to packaging. I would suggest you add -a 0 0 and -ms 5 to your options block.

Secondly, the map's layout is very nice. Most of the action takes place in the middle of the map, with some areas around the side. Should make for some pretty nice gameplay. You made decent use of flag zones (a little spillout, though), and the flags are pretty evenly balanced out. Fortunately, there's enough pyramids to counter the deadly laser rico :-)

Downsides: I fear it would be really easy to spawn camp, since the trams can easily take you right towards the base, the covering above the base is perfect for an SW spawn camper (and he has some cover to boot), the rico also allows bullets to bounce inside the base, and the base is too low to block them. Laser + Rico = (42/0);. SW seems quite powerful, very many US flags, not much flag variety. (I'm pointing out some of the not-very-obvious things, since you covered the basics well).

Misc: I see you prototyped this in BZEdit, and hand-edited afterward.

Overall: 8/10
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

As F687/s said, looks like a well designed map.

Just as a sideline - where's the actual 'centrifuge'? or is it just an arbitrary name?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Destroyer1313
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Destroyer1313 »

F687/s
Thanks for you insight, and yes, I was also worried about spawn campers getting in by the trams, can be easily fixed. We'll see if it's a problem, I guess...

Spazzy Mcgee
Yep, it was arbitrary.
Dormant. Not really. Kinda.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

I really like it... It looks to have great rico possibilities. I agree with F687 a little bit of a spill with the flags, but other than that i really like it.

Also, you might want to add something (perhaps secret paths) to prevent camping to the max. because someone can just sit at their base and take out other ppl coming out of opposing base using rico laser and just shooting head on.

I really like it and hope to play it soon. :slick:
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ahs3 »

Its up for now at ahs3.no-ip.biz:5040

Enjoy

--ahs3
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Thanks for you insight, and yes, I was also worried about spawn campers getting in by the trams, can be easily fixed. We'll see if it's a problem, I guess...
Simply set a low shot limit to shockwave or add world weapons that are triggered at a team's flag's capturing. If you aren't sure how to do that, PM me, or post in the help forum.

I like the map from what I've seen. Open compared to some of the maps released here lately, but hey, that doesn't always mean anything bad.

Look forward to playing on it soon.