silvers surfers towering ctf[UPDATED]

User made maps to use on servers.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

silvers surfers towering ctf[UPDATED]

Post by silver surfer »

ctf-rico-L,G,SW,GM,CL,V,SE,ST,A,US,N-Red vs. Blue all comments aprreciated.(the flags might be messed up i'm not sure...plz tell me..
edited by jefenry :slick:<--- jefenry's awsome
Attachments
Silver_Surfers_Map.bzw
(27.14 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Last edited by silver surfer on Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Why didn't you post this in the other already 3-page long thread? It's not that important.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

You DOUBLE posted a topic, can't you be patient with your computer? You hit it once and wait if it doesn't do anything, reload the page or stop it. Don't hit it again, that just double posts it. WOW, now get some screenshots. I don't wanna open up BZEdit for this.

EDIT: Winny probably deleted it.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

yeh my b...

Post by silver surfer »

yeh my bad.... i had winny take it off and im trying to get them to take the 3 page long thread... im done with that one...
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 wrote:EDIT: Winny probably deleted it.
I am in no way, a forum mod/admin.

You can however, view a list of current forum admins here.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

ok whatever

Post by silver surfer »

ok whatever... on with the map what u think?
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I don't have time to set up a server, so, while I usually try to do that on my own and not be "lazy", it would be nice if there were some screenshots.

And based on the other topic I just saw, please remember that discussing map editors, correct ways to post things, questions, etc. can be done over private messaging. I don't see how on earth that topic got sixty some replies. That's totally unnecessary and frankly makes me avoid it. 8)

And please, community, quit being so fussy at silver_surfer. He's new here, and we're here to help him learn, not tear everything he does apart. And silver_surfer, please don't just act, take some time to think something over before just posting. If you have a question, private message somebody who will help you, or post in Help: Map Making. If you have something you want to add or your forgot to say something, as Winny said in the other topic, use the edit button. Just don't get as long-winded as me! :D

I look forward to seeing your map!
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

silver surfer wrote:yeh my bad.... i had winny take it off and im trying to get them to take the 3 page long thread... im done with that one...
Winny wrote:
SkaterGOD/DOOD23 wrote:EDIT: Winny probably deleted it.
I am in no way, a forum mod/admin.

You can however, view a list of current forum admins here.
1.) I never said you were a moderator/administrator, I didn't even call you one. I didn't mean to call you one if you think I did. I make amends if I in some way made you querulous. I also hope you think I'm not making fun of you or something.

2.) It seems to me, from what silver surfer said that YOU deleted the thread. I don't know if it's him insinuating again, if it is, I again apologize. You might want to get straight with silver surfer that you are in fact NOT a forums "mod/admin." then.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

heres some pcs

Post by silver surfer »

heres some pictures!
Attachments
Picture 5.png
(523.83 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Last edited by silver surfer on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

Looks much better than before! Pretty decent job for a first timer :P.
Your post says picture"s", that makes me think there are more, well?

EDIT: Looks like you're putting them on now.

EDIT again: Never mind. Looks like you gave up putting up more pictures. Come on man.
Last edited by Gabriel G on Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

omg..

Post by silver surfer »

omg only 1 picture loaded heres 2 more
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

o wow... that just great...
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Please remember the edit button when you want to add something to a previous post! My guess is that your screenshots are too large to post. Try opening them with whatever program you have that allows you to save them as a .jpg file or something.

Concerns:
1. You have several very large and tall objects in the middle of the map, and I do not see any way to reach those. I'm not certain if they are reachable or not, and it looks like you upped tankspeed... can you jump to them? If not, consider teleporters, platforms, etc.

2. I like the middle of the map, only, the boxes are rather small and the sheer amount of them make it feel cramped. While that's good for driving past them, jumping on them, or anything else really, doesn't work as well. Also, a lot of them are rotated like this \ on both sides. Would be neat if one side of the box pattern in the middle went / and the other side went \ to give it a more symmetrical feeling, if you follow me.

3. Try to make several approaches in to the "castles" (for lack of a better term).

4. The map seems very large to me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Did you plan to make this a laser sniping map or something?

5. Some areas look rather monotonous (partly due to the size of the map). For example, don't make a player jump too much because of many platforms. And, rather than a really large or long object, try to add some different angles, patterns, or anything else to make it more appealing. Even smaller objects on top of things or alongside help with this.

I'd love to know more of what you're steering toward so I can give you ideas or such, if you'd like. My post is just stating thoughts. Overall, the map looks kinda fun. And in the end, it's up to you how it turns out! Thanks for reading my posted suggestions.

Thanks for the picture, and I hope you can get the others up!
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

when adding more then one picture, after you attach the first file name into the browse bar, click add attachment...

and then if you want to add another go back down and hit browse and locate another file... to make sure that you are doing this correctly you might want to click preview before you hit submit

Your map looks SOOOO much better than it originally did.

It seems like it would be better game play on this map than there was on the original.

great job for a first timer :wink:
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

:book: ty :D but it still seems like nobodies going to host it=( did anyone have the flag problems? when you tested it... and wings would only have 1 jump.... did any one have those problems when testing it?
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

skater

Post by silver surfer »

skaterGOD.... i pmed him asking him to take it off caus i thoguht he was able to do it because his name is green when he's on looking at the map releases forum... so i pmed him thinking he could do it... so he didnt another person did...
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

omg... it says that my pictures take up too much space....
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> omg... it says that my pictures take up too much space....

Export them to JPEGs. Open your images with Preview, click Save As, and change the format to JPEG. Save at reduced quality.
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

silver surfer wrote:omg... it says that my pictures take up too much space....
Could you be a little more "exact"? Where does it say that, when you are uploading them to an image-hoster e.g http://imageshack.us/ ?
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

jpeg??? and i did open it on preview
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

Silver surfer
If your looking for hosting pm ooo, he might host it for you.
Keep contacting hosts via pm and one is bound to host for you :D
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

thx easy
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

OMG!!!!! Lets ack like we can't spell!!! And lets Double post!!!!!!

Ok to upload them on the forum they should be jpeg files. So i dont know much about what your running on your computer but just open a image editor and click save as and add .jpeg to the end of the file name. That should do it.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

chnged them to jpeg=)
don't diss me for not knowing this before :evil:
Attachments
Picture 3 07-46-08.jpg
(761.68 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Picture 4 07-46-11.jpg
(284.02 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Last edited by silver surfer on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

JPEG is an image format. Go learn how to use your computer. I hear there is this great site called Google.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)