SomebodyElse - Stairsteps CTF Map

User made maps to use on servers.
SomebodyElse
Private First Class
Private First Class

SomebodyElse - Stairsteps CTF Map

Post by SomebodyElse »

Sorry, I've been on a bit of a map-making craze lately. Here's another. If anyone could help me with finding a way to host these, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Here is a picture of this map. I tried to fit as much of the map as possible into the picture so it is zoomed out kind of far.
Attachments
Stairsteps.bzw
(17.25 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Last edited by SomebodyElse on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
captainmack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by captainmack »

post a screenshot so potential hosts can see what they may host
"So you think that money is the root of all evil? Have you ever asked what is the root of money?"

knoxcorner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by knoxcorner »

Try sending your maps to nn he helped me out.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Nice and creative... I wonder what gameplay might be like with lots of players. Looks like there might be quite a fight over control over the center. Might want to make it all smaller, though, so it's not quite so massive and difficult to navigate. I would also remove or really knock down the size of all the walls at ground level.
knoxcorner wrote:Try sending your maps to nn he helped me out.
There's no point in publicly hosting a map unless people will play on it, and statistically speaking, with the current playing trends it is impossible for there to be even one player on all the publicly-listed servers at once. According to this graph the number of servers wavers around 350, and there are generally not more than 250 players at a given time. There are generally only around 20 servers with players on them at a given time.

All that to say, don't think that just having your map hosted publicly will make it popular. Be ready to put in a lot of hours of playing time at your map until others have gotten to know it well before it becomes popular.
SomebodyElse
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SomebodyElse »

Constitution wrote:Nice and creative... I wonder what gameplay might be like with lots of players. Looks like there might be quite a fight over control over the center. Might want to make it all smaller, though, so it's not quite so massive and difficult to navigate. I would also remove or really knock down the size of all the walls at ground level.
knoxcorner wrote:Try sending your maps to nn he helped me out.
There's no point in publicly hosting a map unless people will play on it, and statistically speaking, with the current playing trends it is impossible for there to be even one player on all the publicly-listed servers at once. According to this graph the number of servers wavers around 350, and there are generally not more than 250 players at a given time. There are generally only around 20 servers with players on them at a given time.

All that to say, don't think that just having your map hosted publicly will make it popular. Be ready to put in a lot of hours of playing time at your map until others have gotten to know it well before it becomes popular.
You raise a very good point in your comment. It probably will be difficult to attract people to my maps when/if they get posted. I just want them out there for the possibility of someone playing on them. I want to make something different from the norm that people can enjoy.