The Randomized Worlds I/II/III

User made maps to use on servers.
Post Reply
User avatar
R3laX
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:26 pm
Location: .bzw

The Randomized Worlds I/II/III

Post by R3laX » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:16 pm

  • I
Image
  • II
Image
  • III
Image
Attachments
The Randomized Worlds.zip
(308 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
OG

Simba
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by Simba » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:20 am

Nice one, R3laX!

Once again, you have impressed me. ;)


-Zaa

dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:36 am
Location: Germany :o)

Post by dexter » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:52 am

Zaa wrote:Nice one, R3laX!

Once again, you have impressed me. ;)
I honestly can't see the ingenuity of these maps. I mean, they're random maps with a couple colored boxes, but I guess that qualifies these days. I just don't quite see the point in something like this.

User avatar
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 am
Location: Right Behind you!
Contact:

Post by ducktape » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:16 am

dexter: these maps are basically the same as ducati just random blocks mixed in.

R3laX: I love then 1st and 2nd textures. pretty sweet. keep it up.
Image

User avatar
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:25 am
Location: Drury Lane

Post by A Vicious Muffin » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:38 pm

I agree with dexter. Heck, the textures are okay, but the map itself is basically just another random map. I could do that if I wanted to, which is saying something. ;)
Image

silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:20 am

Post by silver surfer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:07 pm

agreeing much with dexter... nebody that can make maps could do that...

i could code that... saying VERY much....

not dissing on r3lax... but.... ya....

nice textures though there off the chain =P

pacman87
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by pacman87 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:18 pm

try changing the black to transparent, set the ground to black, and have mountain outlines for the skybox:

Image

F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:30 pm

Post by F687/s » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 pm

> try changing the black to transparent, set the ground to black, and have
> mountain outlines for the skybox:


There actually WAS a map that looked like the original Battlezone out on the list server at one time, but I'm not sure if it's still up.

User avatar
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:59 pm
Location: Planet MoFo, Sheffield Division; United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Spazzy McGee » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:39 pm

The map you are referring to is Battlezone Vectrex by lagamemnon - bzflag.planet-mofo.com:4020

It's actually really interesting to play. Much more so than a simple random map.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

User avatar
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:10 pm
Contact:

Post by Tedius » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:40 pm

Spazzy McGee wrote:It's actually really interesting to play. Much more so than a simple random map.
I think you mean R3lax's map is interesting to play, if so, I agree completely. R3lax has made maps long enough to know that it is the subtle changes that make a map great. Its all about the gameplay, which is something that requires weeks of playing before you dismiss it.

I like the map, I think it could be lots of fun.

"Don't judge a map by its screenshot"
this signature intentionally left blank

dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:36 am
Location: Germany :o)

Post by dexter » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:30 pm

ducktape wrote:dexter: these maps are basically the same as ducati just random blocks mixed in.

R3laX: I love then 1st and 2nd textures. pretty sweet. keep it up.
The maps are most definitely not like the ducati map. Just because they're are nothing else than blocks in a map, doesn't mean similar to ducati. Look at the size and placements of the boxes and pyramids.
As for the textures... just black with a colored edges. :)

User avatar
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:03 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by Gabriel G » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:19 pm

dexter wrote:
ducktape wrote:dexter: these maps are basically the same as ducati just random blocks mixed in.

R3laX: I love then 1st and 2nd textures. pretty sweet. keep it up.
The maps are most definitely not like the ducati map. Just because they're are nothing else than blocks in a map, doesn't mean similar to ducati. Look at the size and placements of the boxes and pyramids.
As for the textures... just black with a colored edges. :)
Dexter, take into consideration that if R3lax made the boxes and pyramids all the same size as at ducati, he would be plagiarizing. What ducktape wrote is just an opinion, what you may think is what you think(that's the great thing about life). Yes, it does have triangles and boxes, how does this not make it similar to ducati? Ducati has triangles and boxes..
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

Image
Image


Image

F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:30 pm

Post by F687/s » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:36 pm

> Dexter, take into consideration that if R3lax made the boxes and pyramids
> all the same size as at ducati, he would be plagiarizing.


As far as I know, Ducati is played on a random map. It's kinda hard to plagiarize something that is random.

User avatar
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:03 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by Gabriel G » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:08 am

Yes, and the name of this map is Randomized.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

Image
Image


Image

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4773
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Post by blast » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:57 am

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 wrote:Yes, and the name of this map is Randomized.
And your point is...?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything
Posts: 724
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:15 am
Location: Los Angeles

Post by L4m3r » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:35 pm

A few months ago I actually started a PHP script that would convert any 1.x map to have this "look", inspired by battlezone vectrex. I really should finish it sometime. :p
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.

dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:36 am
Location: Germany :o)

Post by dexter » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:34 pm

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 wrote:
dexter wrote:
ducktape wrote:dexter: these maps are basically the same as ducati just random blocks mixed in.

R3laX: I love then 1st and 2nd textures. pretty sweet. keep it up.
The maps are most definitely not like the ducati map. Just because they're are nothing else than blocks in a map, doesn't mean similar to ducati. Look at the size and placements of the boxes and pyramids.
As for the textures... just black with a colored edges. :)
Dexter, take into consideration that if R3lax made the boxes and pyramids all the same size as at ducati, he would be plagiarizing. What ducktape wrote is just an opinion, what you may think is what you think(that's the great thing about life). Yes, it does have triangles and boxes, how does this not make it similar to ducati? Ducati has triangles and boxes..
HiX has triangles and boxes too, so HiX is just like ducati now? The point of a map is not taking some other and changing the size so not to be plagiarized...is it?

User avatar
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 am
Location: Right Behind you!
Contact:

Post by ducktape » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:12 pm

HiX is in symmetry. Is ducati? no. thats how they are different. HiX was planed out to have the awesome ricos and jumps it has. Ducati is just random boxes and triangles. End of story. it doesnt really, matter now does it?
Image

User avatar
khazhyk
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1400
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:40 pm
Location: Somewhere over there.
Contact:

Post by khazhyk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:28 am

Guys, seriously, R3l4x made a map, and released it. Nobody plagiarized anybody. Get over it.
Image

User avatar
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 3249
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Post by ducatiwannabe » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:06 am

It appears that R3lax had no intention of plagiarizing anyone's map. The map doesn't look like much from the screenshot maybe but it's probably pretty fun to play on. Random maps were what BZFlag started with... if you aren't picky it's pretty fun. And I'm really happy to see more BattleZone inspired maps... I was only aware of one. Yay...

User avatar
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:48 pm
Location: Berlin/Germany
Contact:

Post by Saturos » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:58 pm

ducktape wrote:HiX is in symmetry. Is ducati? no. thats how they are different. HiX was planed out to have the awesome ricos and jumps it has. Ducati is just random boxes and triangles. End of story. it doesnt really, matter now does it?
Wow, wow.. get your facts straight. :)
Ducati IS symmetric, although more subtle. Furthermore Ducati is not completely random either.. look at the position of bases and the four pyramids around the bases.

I like the look of Relax' maps, especially 1 and 2. I've no clue if they are fun to play, but at least they are nice to look at.

User avatar
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 am
Location: Right Behind you!
Contact:

Post by ducktape » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:58 pm

Saturos: You are right, but that doesnt mean HiX is just random boxes and triangles mixed together.
Image

Post Reply