User made maps to use on servers.
flying_popcorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Twilight House

Post by flying_popcorn »

Twilight House

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

Play it at bzbattleground.com:9123. (If it is no longer there, it will be on the mapchange server at port 9250 and on my website)

This is my most recent map. It is basically composed of 8 rooms in a 3x3 grid (the center room is inaccessible). It is a 2-team CTF, 2 shots, small hops, and rico flags (though subject to change).

Please tell me what you think and give me some suggestions -- would you prefer small hops or no jumping, and are rico flags or full rico better?
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Twilight House

Post by lep »

Wow looks amazing f_p. It actually reminds me of a course on Mario Kart DS of the castles. Anyway, I like the layout of the map, especially its textures. The only thing I dont like but am still ok with is the middle room. Does it serve a purpose? You stated that it was inaccesible, but why? Thats a good geno spot...!

As for your options, I like them. The short hop adds a learning curve to gameplay. As for rico, use flags and make players work. And two shots is all you need..!

Great job fp
ll@bza
flying_popcorn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flying_popcorn »

Wow looks amazing f_p.
Thanks
Anyway, I like the layout of the map, especially its textures.
Most of the textures were yallaire's (images.bzflag.org/yallaire).
The only thing I dont like but am still ok with is the middle room. Does it serve a purpose? You stated that it was inaccesible, but why? Thats a good geno spot...!
The middle room doesn't really exist, it's just a big solid block that makes getting to the center impossible. This makes it so players can't just cut through the center, they have to go around and think about where to go. This also makes the corners used more. In my opinion it adds more strategy to the map and at least makes it different than other maps. I thought about making a center room but decided against it for the above reasons.
As for your options, I like them. The short hop adds a learning curve to gameplay. As for rico, use flags and make players work. And two shots is all you need..!
Ok :wink:
gentle giant
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gentle giant »

I had fun at your map hopping away from u, or another admin :roll: :lol-old: . Yeah, this is one of the most maps with effort ive seeen other thans jefenrys battlefield maps. GJ
My motives from an awesome teacher:

"If life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

"If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail"
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Very fun map. Great for dodging and great corner stand-offs, the vertical velocity on shots is a nice twist for jumping into people for a heads-up fight, can shoot and trick people by jumping straight into your shots. Good job!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague