Flag Football~First Map by ferman15

User made maps to use on servers.
ferman15
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flag Football~First Map by ferman15

Post by ferman15 »

First, just let me just strart off by saying that when it comes to codes and files and stuff i'm terrible. I'm about as far from tech savy as one can get. So when it comes to "zones" and "config" and stuff like that, I don't have a clue. (sorry :oops: )

On the contrary, I did manage to create a map that I think will attract many players abroad. The map is called "Flag Football". The objective is simple, make it across the field to the opponents end zone, obtain their flag, and take it back to base for a cap. It's american football!

Here are a couple of specs I thought would be neat (but didnt know how to make them sorry :oops: )

-no jumping
-moderate -> fast tank speed/shooting
-team flags can only be dropped 4 times before respawning at its base (end zone) *If this is possible (like how there's 4 "downs" in football)
-have some good flags on the field, but not enough for everyone to have one.
-mabye get an NFL logo mid field or something? :D
* I give permission to whoever is kind enough to publicly host it to modify it to their liking :)

The map is very simple but I honestly think alot of players will enjoy it. Especially with football season on the way!

heres a picture

And once again im sorry i couldn't make all the specs I wanted in the source code, im just stupid when it comes to that stuff.

If someone out there would be kind enough to host this I would pray for you every night. haha jk . well thanks for looking.
Attachments
football2.bzw
Ferman15's Flag Football
(5.13 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Ferman
ferman15
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Flag Football~First Map by ferman15

Post by ferman15 »

I forgot to add i tried to recolor the boxes and pyramids to try to spice it up, but failed.
Ferman
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You want to also include a specific license. There's a thread at the top of the map releases forum that talks about map licenses.

As for the "4 downs" idea, that would require that a new plugin be written. The team flag is special in that you can pick it up and drop it any number of times and it won't respawn back on the base. (Normal flags will respawn somewhere else after a number of drops)

NFL logo would be a definate no-no since it's copyrighted. You could make or have someone make a similar logo from scratch that said something like "BZFL" though.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ferman15
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ferman15 »

Yeah i was thinking bzfl haha.

As for the license I didn't really understand that either, ill try to redo it.

thanks for the tips
Ferman
nn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Hosted

Post by nn »

Hi,

Your map is hosted @ Linuxmain.net : 5001

Enjoy,
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

The team flag will not reset after four drops. To do this, you will need a plugin.