Minas Tirith map

User made maps to use on servers.
The Purple Panzer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Minas Tirith map

Post by The Purple Panzer »

This map (attached) has the 7-level city of Minas Tirith in one corner, and Minas Ithil (Morgul) in the other, with the Anduin flowing diagonally between them (these are fairly flat pyramids, with no drivethrough, so if you jump into the river you may well be stuck).

In the center is the little town of Osgiliath. In one corner (not georgraphically correct in Middle Earth) is the tower of Orthanc, which of course has a teleporter into Mordor. The Mordor gate is there, partly open, and the old road between Minas Tirith and Minas Ithil is there, marked by tall pyramids.

There are two ships heading up the Anduin, good jumping points if you can stay out of the rigging.

I put in one good defensive position for the new Burrow flag - it's a big block, floating off the ground a bit, so it's quite defensible. One top of it is a teleporter, hidden inside a pyramid. Maybe it's too good, but you can get it with GM (if you're close) and SW if nothing else works.

Above Mordor is my low-block version of the Evil Eye (I have to tell you this, or you'd never know what it is): two pyramids, base to base, sort of forming a fat cat's eye's pupil. You can teleport up there from Osgiliath. (The teleporter relationships are quite simple - teleporters are fully connected in pairs).

This is really a "concept map", though I think it will offer some unique and pleasing fighting situations. The street warrens of Minas Tirith are tough to navigate, but that's about the only squirrelly part of the map, and would be excellent for ST, SW, SB, GM if high. The horn-like cliff that Denethor jumped off is there, as well as the tree.

Do let me know if anyone hosts it someplace, as I'd love to try it beyond my LAN server.
Attachments
MinasTirith.map
(55.67 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
ringo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ringo »

It's up at least temporaily on bzflag.carlsoncomputing.com:5354
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

Just came from there. Very nicely done!
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

Dude! Great job! I am so glad that someone made a lord of the ring map! More power to you Panzer! *applause*
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

after you download the map, where do you put it so you can use it on your server?
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

nm...i figured it out.
skater3000blink
Private First Class
Private First Class

Minas Tirith

Post by skater3000blink »

I love this map, Lord of the rings is great, this is probably the best map ever made but it must of taking you really long to make.
skater
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

Easiest thing to do is to dump it in your bzflag/data directory, since that's a default directory with your normal install. Then you shouldn't have any problem bringing it up using the menu in the client.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."