Crazy CTF BZFlag Server

User made maps to use on servers.
alezakos
Private First Class
Private First Class

Crazy CTF BZFlag Server

Post by alezakos »

Hello, I'm searching for a *free* host for my new map "Crazy CTF". I've been hosting this map at home but there are HUGE lag problems and I have to shut it down every time I close my computer.
Many BZFlag players like this map and it was somewhen on top of the server list.
So, I'm looking for a free host service where I will be able to post and easily change the configuration file.
I have uploaded some images of the map on my website. (Please avoid any warning that shows up because of a super-secure DNS Service, as I haven't bought a domain yet and .co.cc domains are usually used for advertising. :( This one isn't. :) )

NOTE:Images are OK, you should be able to see them
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Crazy CTF BZFlag Server

Post by mrapple »

There are many free hosts out there.

As for your map, It's just a server generated map, which anyone can host.

If you really feel the need, you could probably find some free host willing to host a random map with your settings. It would require you to have bots on it at all times.

Without bots, it would probably defeat the purpose. Because you can't really have bots on the map 24/7, it's probably just best to host it from your home.

Just a side note, the average home connection max out at about 6-10 players.
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

mrapple wrote:Just a side note, the average home connection max out at about 6-10 players.
Count bots with this as well. So if youre having 5 bots you might only have 5 human players (or even less).
alezakos
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alezakos »

The biggest problem with home hosting is lag and my old PC.