Page 1 of 1
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:50 pm
CTF map titled Gloom.
Dark sky, fog, calm rain; attempt at creating a gloomy atmosphere. Some server variables are modified a bit. There mainly aren't any superflags. It features a few tricks around, open to be found.
The attachments include a screenshot that mainly focuses on the radar, and a zip that includes the bzw and conf files.
License: CC BY-SA 4.0
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:22 am
Map is up on bmbz.freemyip.com:6001
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:29 am
Thank you for the host, Bertman!
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:10 am
In accordance to the feedback received during the testing phase, the following changes were applied:
- Teamkill disable has been pushed through successfully this time
- Tiny factor server variable has been increased a little, making the tanks with the flag easier to hit
- The single rogue slot has been removed; it existed as a spice to it all, but it was mainly negatively received, as such there are only the red and blue team present now
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 am
Cool map. I like the darkness.
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm
Fast and Fun, well done.
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:44 pm
Thank you, Relax and ahs!
Some further changes:
- Red team was swapped with green team, so the map is now green vs blue instead of red vs blue. This change was done in order to avoid confusion on whether the small red dots on the radar are the smaller death phydrv objects or red team tanks; it was especially annoying for tanks under the radar effect of Burrow, as the resemblance was too great. As such, all red radar colors are now the death objects
- Correspondingly to the previous point, lava was swapped out for miasma. As such, it is now miasma and water as death pools instead of lava and water
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:11 pm
Can we have the updated file?
Please and thanks
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:46 pm
I've been collecting feedback and sharing ideas for changes to be pushed through to Bertman, with him actually applying them as he has had physical access to the bzw and conf files that are actually used, ever since we've agreed for him to host them for me.
I've also tracked changes and applied them on my own and original bzw and conf files, so the updated one is included in the attachment of this post. Do note, however, that not everything might be the same, as Bertman has appended his own conf file alongside my own to automatically alter some features, such as the server message, as they fit in the policy of his servers and server hosting.
With that in mind, see the attachment below for the updated version.