Apotheosis

User made maps to use on servers.
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Apotheosis

Post by tainn »

FFA map titled Apotheosis.

It is a reference to Xenologue 25 of FE13, with a bz twist to it. All colors are taken from the map of the chapter. I might play around with the boxes and radar a bit, as it creates a whole different perspective.

Limit of 4 players per team, resulting in a total of 20, in the light of the player being able to deploy a maximum of 20 units in that chapter.

The attachments include a map of the Xenologue, a screenshot of the bz map, and a zip that includes the bzw and conf files.

License: CC BY-SA 4.0
Attachments
apotheosis-fe.png
(841.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
apotheosis-bz.jpg
(516.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
apotheosis.zip
(3.87 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
blast
General
General

Re: Apotheosis

Post by blast »

I have this running at xs.bzexcess.com:5163 currently.

I did notice that there is a death physics driver in the map, but it wasn't hooked up to anything. There was also a define for water that wasn't used.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

Thank you, blast!

Yeah, there's a story behind that. I initially wanted to create all of the objects as 10 x 10 max defines at -290 -290 that would then be thrown around, water blocks including. However, the transparency factor is a bit annoying; when two transparent blocks are stuck next to each other, the wall between them is clearly visible. This made water not seem like water. As such, I created one bigger pool that spanned all the desired area, even below some objects.

This is where the death phydrv comes to play. I initially wanted tanks to drown in the water, but by expanding the pool below some objects made the display on radar quite misleading. There was a red field (death phydrv) visible on regular blocks. Removing the death phydrv also gave more distinction between the land and water, as everything was just red before.

As such that define and phydrv are defunct. Likewise the server variable of _wingsJumpCount being set to 20, even though there is no WG on the map.
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

As a follow-up to the OP, this map is best played using the 'Fast Sorted' radar style, not 'Enhanced', since the main floor level is actually elevated a bit from the default ground, resulting in the Enhanced radar style not displaying a lot of objects.

The radar style can be changed at will by going: main menu > options > gui settings > radar style