Private First Class

Question about defender map on practice server

Post by trpted »

#1 If you..

,,a) searched for practice server

..b) issued /mapchange defender

c) Reconnected to that server.

#2 On that server, it works.

#3 but if you download the map, get a local server running it, connect to your local server - if you join the..

a) ..purple team, you will always get kicked because your tank spawned outside of the playing area.

b) ..red team, you will always get sealed at first.

--

Onto my questions...

#1 Why does one always get stuck at the base?

#2 Why does the purple team, on a local server, always spawned outside of the playing area?

#3 Also I noticed in the map options, it has team rogue and yet on the public server there is no team rogue. What is up with that?

Code: Select all

# BZFlag client: saved world on Mon Nov 18 21:18:50 2019

options
  -c
  -mp 2,2,0,0,2,2
  -j
  -ms 3
  -set _disableBots 1
  -set _drawCelestial 0
  -set _flagHeight 0.000000
  -set _forbidMarkers 1
  -set _jumpVelocity 0
  -set _maxBumpHeight 1
  -set _shockInRadius 40
  -set _shockOutRadius 450
  -set _worldSize 920.000000
end
Please and thank you
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Question about defender map on practice server

Post by tainn »

R3lax would probably know best since he is the one running the server in question, but if I were to guess, there is probably some additional configuration outside of the world options that you listed, that either adds to or overwrites those options.

You should note that if there is conflict between options set in a bzw file and conf file, the conf file will take priority and override any conflicting options set in a bzw.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Question about defender map on practice server

Post by Zehra »

It is best to ask the map maker and/or server owner for information on the map itself.

In addition to what tainn said, there also may be plug-ins or scripts which are required to properly run and operate the map itself.
There may also be "zones" of simply position and size, which tend to be frequently be custom zone objects.
(When /saveworld is used, the custom zone objects are simply saved as regular zones.)

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread