Bridges Map Available For Hosting

User made maps to use on servers.
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Bridges Map Available For Hosting

Post by LouMan »

I have attached the Bridges map that I am currently running on my server. Although I enjoy hosting it, I would much rather see it run on a better connection (I only have 256 kbs up). If you use this on a server, please give some sort of credit to me for the map :wink:
Attachments
Bridges.bzw
Bridges Map
(253.58 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
LouMan

Bridges Revision 3

Post by LouMan »

Attached is Revision 3 of Bridges map.

Changes due to player requests/comments:

- Reduced size of 'slots' in upper buildings to prevent escape, but still allow shots from GM and laser.

- Altered mountain geometry to prevent access to upper buildings by jumping from just below the buildings through the window.

- Roof of upper building is no longer drivethrough from the inside - once a player is inside box, can't get out unless self destruct, even with wings. Only way inside is still through front window.

- Added geometry to prevent team flag drops in upper buildings from above.

- Modified laser settings such that the laser beams persist longer - makes for very interesting laser beam patterns in map and decent defense/offense against wings from upper building. Very cool, a must try.

- Modified settings for better framerate.
Attachments
BridgesR3.zip
Bridges Revision 3
(38.63 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

I found a bug:
The red team flag somehow got on the ground! The green grass ground! A couple of meters away from where the water ended, to be exact. On the red side. It is impossible to get and impossible to put there, but it happened anyway. There was also a SF by it. Is this a hidden feature?
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

Uh, no, not a feature. Any idea on how it got there (circumstances of the player that dropped it)? This is the first I have heard of a team flag on the ground.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

IS this a new bridges map or the one before? I thought you already posted teh bridges map.

Post by Guest »

The first Post is the original. The second post is "Revision 3". :)
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

I have no idea how the red flag got where it was. It was there when I joined, and there when the game ended 14 minutes later.
LouMan

Flags inside mountain

Post by LouMan »

Found the problem with the flags - in the original Bridges map, I had an inside coordinate defined for the mountain that I forgot to transfer to revision. Attached is corrected map. :oops:
Attachments
BridgesR3.zip
Bridges Revision 3 - corrected
(38.64 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

louman, did you fix the necessity to flag reset if the team drops the flag in the bunker?
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Grumbler, long time no see! And I'm not sure what you mean, does the flag get stuck in the bunker?
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

It should not be possible to get the team flags in the bunker with the most current version of the map :wink:
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

ok, i just went to the server and got it stuck again.....odd thing, i had to kill myself this time right above the bunker, in the back. but it got stuck again.

and i agree, it should be able to get stuck.
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

Not sure what you are describing- your tank got stuck? If so, this is entirely possible above the bunker due to the sharp angles of the geometry. If so, your solution was correct - hit "del" :(

By the way, thanks to penguinix for the attached screenshot demonstrating the funky lasers :wink:
Attachments
bridges2.jpg
Laser Light Show ;)
(253.38 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
penguinix
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by penguinix »

ITS A RAVE!!!!
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

LouMan wrote:Not sure what you are describing- your tank got stuck? If so, this is entirely possible above the bunker due to the sharp angles of the geometry. If so, your solution was correct - hit "del" :(

By the way, thanks to penguinix for the attached screenshot demonstrating the funky lasers :wink:

if you commit suicide, on the backside of the bunker, while carrying the team flag, it(the team flag) will drop into the bunker and will be unretrievable. before, i was able to just drop the team flag over the bunker and it(the team flag) would drop into the bunker. this time i had to kill myself on the backside the bunker to get it(the team flag) to drop in.

Post by Guest »

Is anyone hosting this map right now?
I miss it.... :cry:
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

It is being hosted at louman.homlinux.net:5154 right now.

Grumbler - thanks for the info - I think I know how to fix this issue now. I placed an invisible plane (drivethrough) just above the peak of the bunker to prevent the team flag drops; evidently I need to place it at the same level as the lower part of the roof. Again, thanks!

Post by Guest »

Oh, goody!
/me rushes of to try out the Lasers!
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

Okay, I have lowered my flag blocking plane an it seems to be working. Please let me know if there are any more issues :) Thanks!

(BTW - I have forwarded the new bzw file to Thumper for update at norang - not sure when he'll get to it...)
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

LouMan wrote:Okay, I have lowered my flag blocking plane an it seems to be working. Please let me know if there are any more issues :) Thanks!

(BTW - I have forwarded the new bzw file to Thumper for update at norang - not sure when he'll get to it...)
np, great map.......and considering i am usually not into wings and climbing walls with funky jumps, its pretty fun once you get going.
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

Wow, very nice map! Good job!