Spheres mini

User made maps to use on servers.
ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Spheres mini

Post by ts »

I've changed Spheres (see http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3649 ) to a smaller size with less platforms in the air, bigger spheres in middle and smaller spaces between objects in general.

I also added teleporters at the edges. I'll continue to update the big version when I'll have a bit more time and it should be seen as a seperate effort therefore a new topic.

As always I'm happy for comments and suggestions.

FYI: The map won't load correct in BZEdit or others, you'll have to run a server to see it correct.
Attachments
overview_outside_middle_at_ground.jpg
(98.86 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
overview_middle_at ground.jpg
(50.38 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Spheres mini.bzw
(26.98 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

ToughShooter, thanks for the screen shots! I figure I've complained a bit to other people about no screen shots that I have to make up for it by complimenting when someone does. ;)

Haven't I seen this 'Spheres' map around before with more things in the middle, on a server? I'm not just talking about 'Spheres' vs. 'mini Speheres', but actually a hosted map on an FFA server.
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by ts »

I don't see an entry with your callsign in my user privilege database. It was only hosted on my test server from time to time in public. That means you didn't played with your registered callsign on server.

I plan to replace the big version on sleepycows. However due to circumstances it can last a bit.
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

No, it wasn't on your server. It was a map very similar to yours, with the corner 'huts' and such on a very popular server in FFA game mode, with a ridiculously high shot count of something like 10.

Oh well. Sometimes I never know what the name of a map on a server is because the name isn't mentioned in the listing or in the server msg.
ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by ts »

My map is similar to Spirals. Spirals was hosted on secretplace and has recently been replaced by spiralzone.

Well, Spheres is different I think. It only shares those "huts" and pyramid + box on sides. Gangways have different directions and that's all similar stuff I see.
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Yeah, that sounds familiar now. That must be it. Thanks. :)