BZ Bowl Released - Beta Version

User made maps to use on servers.
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

BZ Bowl Released - Beta Version

Post by LouMan »

Attached is my latest map, BZ Bowl - running in Beta test on my server (louman.homelinux.net:5154). Please feel free to host this map on other servers, but please give some sort of credit to me in the public server description :wink: Screenshots are also attached.
Attachments
BZBowl.zip
BZBowl bzw file
(311.79 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
BZBowl1.jpg
Screenshot 1
(77.44 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
BZBowl2.jpg
Screenshot 2
(57.41 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Sir_Pants
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sir_Pants »

did i mention that i think you are a total insane genius??? another stunner from louman, sigh* so hard to keep up
MONKEYPANTS.COM
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

How about a map where we're all playing on a huge Monopoly board?
...This has been a recording.
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Amazing, simply amazing. Awesome job, LouMan. How many other "a" words can I use to thank you for the 'awe-inspiring', 'astonishing' work? :D
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}

Post by Guest »

LouMan: I'm asking you to stop. Please!
You'r maps put mine to so much shame! lol.
Great work, man! :)
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

I_Died_Once wrote:How about a map where we're all playing on a huge Monopoly board?
I second that idea! complete with houses, hotels, the stackes of money, the chance cards... The little tokens, the player pieces...

The WORKS!
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

Umm... Wow....
Now let me get my socks back on :lol-old:
'Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope'

-Aristotle-
LouMan

Post by LouMan »

I actually tried making the Monopoly map, but the modeling of the pieces was getting pretty hairy (especially the dog :wink: ). Also, I couldn't find a good image of the board and the whole thing was looking pretty stinky when I gave up. Perhaps I will retry the map sometime in the future...

Post by Guest »

I had a very very very quick tinker with the idea of a Monopoly board myself earlier... I tried to have one meshbox covering the whole floor and then letters which are about 0.0000001 units taller than the base...
I couldn't drive over them.
I tried increasing the bump height thing with /se from 0.33 to thinks like 50 and you still couldn't just drive over them...
If you kept pushing into them long enough, the tank jumped up on its own... But that would suck if it was all over the map.
So, the other opton would be to use a Modeller and I am still a beginner with Wings3D so I'm out.

Back to the BZ Bowl:
I played it today and it rocks. Keep it up, LouMan. :)
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

CannonBallGuy wrote:I couldn't drive over them. I tried increasing the bump height thing with /se from 0.33 to thinks like 50 and you still couldn't just drive over them...
Yes, I've noticed this inability too. BZFlag doesn't seem to do this properly by design -- it's quite quirky. I've tried a number of different things, and for some very small objects at 0.2 units high or below, the tanks run up them, but other objects that are wider, tanks stick to them in the "sealed" mode.

I completely gave up with doing this for wide objects, like roadways, ramps, etc. I only do this for a few small objects (where a tank is wider than the object).
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
LouMan

Revision 1 of BZ Bowl

Post by LouMan »

Revision 1 of BZ Bowl is now available and corrected for some minor issues with the Beta release. The new version is attached.
Attachments
BZBowlR1.zip
BZ Bowl Revision 1 .bzw file
(161.61 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
M1A2AbramsTank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by M1A2AbramsTank »

Loved the map, wish I had enough skill to make a map, i should try once. Is there anywhere to take a crash course in map building?
I'm baaaaaaaaack!
birdie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by birdie »

i played today for the first time on it ...

and all i can say is wow, really impressed, amazing map, great work

Post by Guest »

Dervish wrote:
CannonBallGuy wrote:I couldn't drive over them. I tried increasing the bump height thing with /se from 0.33 to thinks like 50 and you still couldn't just drive over them...
Yes, I've noticed this inability too. BZFlag doesn't seem to do this properly by design -- it's quite quirky. I've tried a number of different things, and for some very small objects at 0.2 units high or below, the tanks run up them, but other objects that are wider, tanks stick to them in the "sealed" mode.

I completely gave up with doing this for wide objects, like roadways, ramps, etc. I only do this for a few small objects (where a tank is wider than the object).
I found out, the bump thing works only with boxes, not mesh objects or meshboxes, etc.
But, If I make the drivethrough, it doesnt matter anyway. :)
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

This map is AWESOME!!!!!!!
I played it with my sister (Rabbit Chase) and it gets really crazy, especially with ST. I just LOVE making field goals!!!!

Yes, listen to CannonBallGuy. Just make the letters drivethrough and that solves all of your problems.
imsome
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by imsome »

dude that map was so unbielivably sweet