New Map: Island Feeling

User made maps to use on servers.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

New Map: Island Feeling

Post by Ice Wewe »

Hey all,

Well many have hoped that it would never happen again, but it has! I've released another map! Now I know alot of my other maps were a little complex for their applications, but I finally feel I've captured the spirit of the serious player! I must confess, I fell to my death several times while trying to take the screen picture... but I got a good one. I've rescaled it from 1280 x 1024 (my native resolution) to a decent 640 x 512 (yea, wierd ratio) so that all you Windoze guys running at 800 x 600 wont throw a fit when you realise its bigger than your resoltuion... I hope you all enjoy, in addition to posting a copy of the file here, I'll also take the extra time to log into sourceforge and upload there too. I really hope you all enjoy it... if you have any tips at all, other than "it sucks" and "quit forever" I'd love to hear them, so please don't hesitate to send me a private message with your thoughts! There is one thing I can't stress enough, please don't take credit for work you didn't do... I'd love it if this map became popular, and hate it if someone got the idea to call it theirs, so please, edit it, add things, make it look nice, but please always include my name as the creator. This map took some time to make, and I'd like to get due credit for it... thanks, thats all for now, have fun playing... and watch out for flying poo :wink:

--Will include a linked picture later, for now it just has to be a file. Sorry--

####EDIT: This map has now been posted on sourceforge, if you'd like to download it from there, because you think BZBB's socks stink, or some other stupid reason, here is the link.####

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=423059

(there we go... would someone please host this for me?)

Here are sourceforge links to other map I've made, that HAS NOT been posted on BZBB:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=423059

(that is Haven, another one of Ice Wewe's FFA maps)

Hope you enjoy my work.

UPDATE:
Due to rules and regulations getting in the way of my unwinding, the map has now been closed.
Attachments
Island Feeling (FFA map) screen shot, rescaled to 640 x 512, there is no larger version at present.
Island Feeling (FFA map) screen shot, rescaled to 640 x 512, there is no larger version at present.
island_feeling.png (181.33 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
Last edited by Ice Wewe on Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Nice map, but it seems to be a little bare. Make it a litle more ineresting. :)
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Spice it already!!!

Post by Ice Wewe »

Yes, I expect that several revisions will be made... but not now. I have several tests coming up, so expect them in the next few months :wink: maybe I'll get to it sooner...
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

Ever heard of Roaming? Use the Shift, Ctrl and Alt keys with the arrow keys to move around all you want.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Heya, it looks kind of repetitive but a little fun too. Perhaps go observer and roam around until you can get a better screenie? I'd do it myself but when I tried to start it on a test server it wouldn't load.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Screen Shots

Post by Ice Wewe »

Yes, it is kind of repetitive, but you'd be surprised how hard it is!!! :shock: Anyway, I took your advice (never knew that about observer) and here are 2 more screenies, fresh off the what ever...
Attachments
bzfi0000.png
Hope you can all view PNGs, their my image format of the month!!!
(477.13 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
bzfi0001.png
Hope you can all view PNGs, their my image format of the month!!!
(281.68 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

Looks interesting, but it looks empty.
Thumper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Where to find it

Post by Thumper »

It's running now on bzflag.norang.ca:5199.

This is a limited time offer... :) since the map on that server changes.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

i just played it, and you need to sort out your zones. half the time when you spawn you fall down and miss the island, only to die in the lake.

this seriously hampers the playbility of te map, if no one can spawn without dying straight away!

otherwise, good
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Zones

Post by Ice Wewe »

Maybe its the server version? I'm running the latest devel version here (the build is about 5 days old), which I don't reccomend, as there is a GCC error on some maps, which causes you to quit almost instantly. When I ran it on this server it never spawned me to my death, so maybe its a bzfs server improvement. I'll play it, and see if I have any problems, if so, I can add zones ( :? *groan* which are a new thing to me) so that tanks don't spawn to their death.

On another note, I was wondering if any programmers might be able to code some pyrmid flip (as in inverted) stuff into bzfed, if so, that would be mint (I hope I didn't ruin that phrase for anyone else)...
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

On another note, I was wondering if any programmers might be able to code some pyrmid flip (as in inverted) stuff into bzfed, if so, that would be mint (I hope I didn't ruin that phrase for anyone else)...
pyramid
name inverted
position 0 0 10
size 0 0 -10
rotation 0
end
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

As DW said it looks repetitive. Would you mind adding some temples or higher level "Stepping Stairs" in the corners?
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

!!!

:idea:

Make it look like an water-village thingy. Like Atlantis!!!

That would be awesome. Temples and stuff rising out of the water. Maybe a couple of sea creatures coming up.

Dude, it would be killer. :D
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Zones

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Ice Wewe wrote:Maybe its the server version? I'm running the latest devel version here (the build is about 5 days old), which I don't reccomend, as there is a GCC error on some maps, which causes you to quit almost instantly. When I ran it on this server it never spawned me to my death, so maybe its a bzfs server improvement. I'll play it, and see if I have any problems, if so, I can add zones ( :? *groan* which are a new thing to me) so that tanks don't spawn to their death.

if your trying to make it where you spawn on buildings just put -sb in the options of the map.
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

hey ice where did you get the text for ice wewe in the logo you changed to your name ?