The Wilderness-by Army of One-please post susgestions

User made maps to use on servers.
Army of One
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Wilderness-by Army of One-please post susgestions

Post by Army of One »

Input about my map is appreciated. I have read my logs and I have seen some different susgestions, example: players want the shockwaveDeath plugin not used. And I also have seen the comments about not having any flags in this map. To make it more of a skill map. Also, do you see any lag problems. since I have added the multi layers to this map i have heard that lag gets high sometimes. I would like as many susgestions as possible so that it can be a fun map to play. My network speed is roughly 100k upload.

Thanks for your input, Army of One
Some times you see me-some times you don't--and DESTRUCTION is only moments away
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

i don't like the shockwavedeath plugin. i would prefer this to be a no-radar map as it was before.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I thoroughly agree about the shockwave death plugin. That plugin is just plain nasty as it is, but I think it messes this map up more than a few others, and decreases some of the "not-knowing-where-people are" concept. If you see little shockwave bubbles going off you'll know that somebody got shot, which naturally means another tank is nearby.

I really do enjoy it overall, though. The playability, concept, texturing and artistic qualities. I can't think of much else...except, consider making the sky _skyColor black, and maybe rain. I don't know how'd this look but it could add an interesting effect to your map. Perhaps set no radar again?
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Why not? Could you tell me?

Yes, the sw kinda gives away a player's location, but I don't like the gm either. GM s are almost as close to radar as you can get. If you are in the middle of the map with GM, you could easily Identify, and lock on with a "scout" gm. The "scout" will head directly towards your target, which will point out where it is, unless you kill it. Then it turns into a "regular" GM. Other than that. It's a wonderful map.
Army of One
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Wilderness Map

Post by Army of One »

Thnks for all your input-glad to see people like the map. I will leave this up and check for new susgestions. Since it was mentioned more than once, I have limited GM, the flag is still there just not as many, plus shockwave death is out and also no radar. Thanks again

Army of One, keep the susgestions coming and I will see you out in the Wilderness Just watch out for lions, tigers and bears
Some times you see me-some times you don't--and DESTRUCTION is only moments away
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

and I will see you out in the Wilderness Just watch out for lions, tigers and bears
OH MY! :o

Cool! I look forward to checking it out again. 8)
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

I don't like it :(
Want to improve your skill? Join the http://guleague.org!
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Do you mind explaining why? There has to be some reasoning and a map-maker can't fix something or remember a thing to do in the future if he doesn't know what. :)
Army of One
Private First Class
Private First Class

wilderness map

Post by Army of One »

ducatiwannabe wrote:Do you mind explaining why? There has to be some reasoning and a map-maker can't fix something or remember a thing to do in the future if he doesn't know what. :)
I am assuming your refering to the post that just says they don't like it but not saying why.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: wilderness map

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Army of One wrote:I am assuming your refering to the post that just says they don't like it but not saying why.
Hehe, yes, and I could have been clearer on that in my previous post. :D
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Ok, that wasn't very clear, but from what I gather:

You dislike it because it seems small or crowded, you hate the shockwave that comes when you kill another player's tank (it's a plugin), and I don't see how "it's just not good". I take it you don't like the style or the artistic qualities of the map? :)

But thank you for your opinion. I'm sure Army of One appreciates any comments about his servers/maps, as long as they are respectful, which yours was, I think. :)
knoxkorner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by knoxkorner »

Is it hosted?
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Yes, I think it is at least it was on monday...b4 listserver went down
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
knoxkorner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by knoxkorner »

ok, im a cop there and i didnt evan know lol!