Removing certain type of flag not working

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Grue
Private First Class
Private First Class

Removing certain type of flag not working

Post by Grue »

Hey folks,

I've come across an issue while map making: I'm trying to remove the Oscillation Overthruster flag.

My current code looks like this:

+f good
+s 150
-f OO

But for some reason I still get the OO flag. Any ideas?

Grue
blast
General
General

Re: Removing certain type of flag not working

Post by blast »

The -f option only affects randomized flag generation (which is controlled with the -s or +s option). The +f option adds a flag even if -f matches a flag. If your goal is to always have 150 flags at random, except for the OO flag, then just leave the "+f good" out of your configuration. If you only want good flags, then additionally add a "-f bad".

Looking into this a bit more made me realize I've been mistaken about how the +s and -s options worked. I was thinking they had set the minimum and maximum number of extra random flags, but instead they don't actually work together. The +s option always makes available the specified amount of extra random flags, while the -s option makes up to the specified amount of extra random flags available. Some of our documentation is also a bit wrong regarding that.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Grue
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Removing certain type of flag not working

Post by Grue »

That did it! Thanks again, blast.

Grue