My New Map - Anyone Want To Help?

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

My New Map - Anyone Want To Help?

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

My Map

Hello to you all lol. I haven't left a comment on the forums so heres my first in about a month (just so you lot didn't think I had left you all lol).

Basically I have come up with (what I like to think of as) a pretty good idea for a map. I seem to have had alot of support for the idea, but I sadly lack the some what neccassary skills to make it. I have looked on google for tutorials on map making but sadly I am imensly bad at some of the things I need to be done in this map.

Some of you may remember Kirbys Slaughter Houses, that prooved a reasonable success for a brief period but I removed it because I was having trouble with a few of the teleporters for some reason and also some extra map settings (that I wont go into detail about)...

Anyway my new map will be called "SNOW PATROL - By Lt-Kirby2007 & *whoever helps make it*".

Are you still interested????

If you're reading this then you must still be interested or just curious of my idea. First ask yourself these questions (all are needed if you are going to be able to make my idea for a map)

1. Can you make trees?
2. Can you make the ground look like snow?
3. Can you make ice on the ground that looks like a frozen river?
4. Can you make world weapons on the ground?
5. Can you make textured items such as wooden boxes and metal walls?
6. Can you apply plugins such as the destroyed flaming tank?
7. Can you create hills?

Can you do all of that?

If you can still do all of that, and are still interested in my idea, then please pm me (which I will definatly reply to) or leave a post here (which may get a delayed reply).

I have already created a rough sketch of my idea in bzedit, with detailed instructions on what I want to be done. I am willing to make a few changes or additions of wanted.

Thankyou

BZTANK.NET ADMIN - THE PLACE TO BE!!!!
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

this looks like you just povide the theme, and someone else has todo the actual work making the map
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

well yea...thats my point. i have come up with a specific idea and a detailed sketch of where i want the specific items.

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

You can find out how to do most of that stuff all on one very obvious website: The bzflag wiki.

But... "the destroyed flaming tank" is not a plugin. :|

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

ok enough with the critisms already about what i wrote lol. yes as i did say in my first post i have read up on how to do the stuff and have tried, but i suck beyond belief.

so my point still stands - im not asking for crititisms about my post or my idea, I just want people who are interested to make a map, to come forward. if you're not then dont leave a comment thankyou.

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

I can do all the stuff you need.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

CannonBallGuy wrote:You can find out how to do most of that stuff all on one very obvious website: The bzflag wiki.
the wiki is called on so much, maybe a link should be added above, right next to the search button.
Lt-Kirby2007 wrote:yes as i did say in my first post i have read up on how to do the stuff and have tried, but i suck beyond belief.
beyond belief? i have no trouble believing that you suck :D
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

I can (try) to help... but I'm afraid I cant do a whole lot- but yes the wiki is awesome... and if you suck- it will make you better
^^^^^^^^(try is the key word, there, btw)
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

gah sorry, i forgot i even wrote this post. Thankyou for all your offers via this post and via pming me. No help is needed anymore as I have found a person (whos identity will remain a secret until the map is released). The map should be ready in around 2 weeks as there is alot to do - but i promise you all, it will be very good.

TheOneAndOnly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

Hey Kirby, give me some credit man!

After all i came up with the name!

MAAAAAAN, i love snowpatrol (a band from the UK )
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Yeah, because that's such a complex name. That deserves credit. And maybe a quarter too.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

blast wrote:Yeah, because that's such a complex name. That deserves credit. And maybe a quarter too.
Well, yeah, clearly. He's contributed almost as much to the map as Kirby! :roll:
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

like everyones saying is if you really wanted you could make this map easy with the bz wiki information. It would be easier for us all if you learned to map yourself
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.