teleporter links

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

teleporter links

Post by Easy Target »

I made teleporters and i have links, but when i test my map, they dont work. I dont know why. can someone help me pls?
Attachments
Easy Target's Rapid Raids.bzw
(32.48 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
gnu-sense
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: teleporter links

Post by gnu-sense »

Easy Target wrote:I made teleporters and i have links, but when i test my map, they dont work. I dont know why. can someone help me pls?
You need proper names on the teles. Change them to something without spaces, I would recommend. I tend to use the location in the name:

Code: Select all

teleporter
name northwest_1 # it really helps if this name is descriptive
	position -191 340 0
	rotation 45
	size 0.125 10 10
	border 1
end
In the links, use the names instead of the numbers you currently have. Things are a little more complicated if your teles are in groups, but it doesn't look like you're doing that here.

gnu-sense
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

Also, if that doesn't work, try putting the teleporter name in the top, like this.

Code: Select all

teleporter northwest_1
   position -191 340 0
   rotation 45
   size 0.125 10 10
   border 1
end
Try this, if the previous way doesn't work.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

What I always did is simplify it as much as possible. Start with two teles, make them work. Make 2 more, make them work, etc. Teleporters have always been a PIA, get used to it.

I've heard that Teppic's blender tools support the teleporter object, but haven't witnessed this myself.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

I figured out a way to make it work after talking to Ahs3.

I used bzedit and put the teleporters where i wanted them and added the links. then i opened it into a text editor, and copied and pasted the teleporter stuff into my map file. :idea-alt:
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

If it works for you...

However, I would suggest looking at _how_ the teles are linked, in order that you can understand how they work, in case you need to do hand-maintenance. As always, the wiki is your friend.