shot length and reload time linked?

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
G1c
Private First Class
Private First Class

shot length and reload time linked?

Post by G1c »

whenever i change the reload time like: set _reloadTime 3, it also changes the shot length and when you shoot a laser it stays there for a really long time, if i set it high. i need to know how a can separate these two options :) thanks
J@BZA
blast
General
General

Re: shot length and reload time linked?

Post by blast »

You can't necessarily. Reloading clears the shot from your client, at least. It probably keeps going on the other client's screens.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

you can not, there is no such thing as "reload time" in the game.

The shot counter uses the total lifetime of the shot as a reload, so it looks at how far the shot goes, and how fast it goes, and that computes how long it "lives"

Basically you can not tweak the variables to get more shots "on screen" then your own tanks shot limit. The shot dosn't reload into your tank until it is gone from the world.
ImageJeffM
G1c
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by G1c »

OK i see now,thanks
J@BZA
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Actually Jeff, the shot will be overwritten if the reload time is less than the lifetime of the shot and you fire again. And locally, as soon as the shot is reloaded, it will disappear from your own client, but it will continue to show up on other clients until it's lifetime expires or you fire again into that same shot slot.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)