zone problems

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
big_daddy2
Private First Class
Private First Class

zone problems

Post by big_daddy2 »

hi all, i am trying to make spawn zones in my new map, but one problem is that when i try to spawn i spawn on the highest object instead of spawning on the ground like in my zone object, here is the code

zone
position 0 200 10
size 400 600 90
team 0
end

i have 5 of these with the team numbers changed but no matter what i do i always spawn on an object 400 in the air, what is wrong?
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: zone problems

Post by Mopar Madness »

how high in the air?
big_daddy2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by big_daddy2 »

i have 5 of these with the team numbers changed but no matter what i do i always spawn on an object 400 in the air, what is wrong?
the only thing that i can think of that would be the problem is spawning on a box, but idk why that would be a problem
big_daddy2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by big_daddy2 »

yep, that was the problem, i did not have -sb in my test config, if that isnt in your config you spawn out of the zone
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

that would cause a problem, if your spawn zones are on boxes and dont have -sb enabled, you will airspawn... and airspawns are NEVER fun... seen them from time to time on Bloodbath... that was always how you knew if 1 team took the pwnage too far over the other team at Bloodbath :)
Anxuiz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anxuiz »

big_daddy2 wrote:hi all, i am trying to make spawn zones in my new map, but one problem is that when i try to spawn i spawn on the highest object instead of spawning on the ground like in my zone object, here is the code

zone
position 0 200 10
size 400 600 90
team 0
end

Also, just for the record, you can just use "team 0 1 2 3 4" instead of doing 5 zone objects. So the zone would look like:

Code: Select all

zone
position 0 200 10
size 400 600 90
team 0 1 2 3 4
end
Instead of 5 zone objects with team 0, 1, etc.

- Yassen
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

you may want to move your zone up 10 units instead of having height 10 because some times zones like that don't work for me. not sure if this applies to you but its worth a shot.