Death From Above !

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
RevSpaminator
Private
Private

Death From Above !

Post by RevSpaminator »

Does anyone know if is possible to combine the abilities of flags?

I have this crazy idea of a world that combines Wings with Steamroller and disables the cannon, for everyone. I imagine a world of about 200x200, making a column like world with lots of ledges going up and up...

:)

Hail Eris!
joevano
General
General

Re: Death From Above !

Post by joevano »

In 3.0 there is some ability for this with a plug-in (combining flags) but not in the combination you specify. This also would not be any fun as running into someone if you both had flags would/should case you both to die. No fun in that...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tobylane »

SR v SR doesn't kill you both, do you mean you both die in 3 or with WG?

Rev it would be too much of a literally upper hand map, the higher person wins. Unless ledges sudennly disappeared, I don't know what's happening with interacting physics.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

SR vs SR works the same way as SW vs SW.
The player that is moving away from the other will survive,

RevSpaminator this is a crazy idea that just might work, if done properly. I'm thinking a very small world size, maybe 50. Of course you gotta figure out a way to combine the flags. It just might be possible in 3.0.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

joevano wrote:In 3.0 there is some ability for this with a plug-in (combining flags) but not in the combination you specify.
Nope not possible in 3.0...
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
trepan
Dev Wizard
Dev Wizard

Post by trepan »

A server-side plugin could do SR collision detection.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

But 3.0 will not allow a WG/SR flag combination, if I understand the implementation of the flag/shot type changes...
So if you are saying that you could write a plugin to simulate an SR flag, then it would be doable but not in the way proposed.