Water...

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Water...

Post by fox in the fog »

Please, can you tell me how can I make the water? With a text editor and a particular command? Thanks for your time
Fox in the Fog
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Water...

Post by mrapple »

How you make the water? In a map?

Use waterLevel.
fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by fox in the fog »

yes, in a map
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Yes, use waterLevel like mrapple said.

Or, use a mesh face with the water texture... then you can do cool things like rotation and other movement.
fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by fox in the fog »

Thanks for your time!! :P
fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by fox in the fog »

I saw that there is a BZFlag world editor called pyBZEdit (but under Windows) that allow you to add the water simply with a click, but, of course you can also do it on a text editor, add this line on the map file:
#--Water Level-----------------------------------
under this line you can add the values... right? Even if i don't know exactly how add the values, just need to ask, or find an existent post on the forums or download a map with the water and see how is structured...
ok, Thanks to all!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

fox in the fog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by fox in the fog »

This was not necessary blast, I could try to search it but... you are very polite ;) Thanks anyway!
But, as I know now how set the water level (simply with the value height), the problem is how to set it only in a particular part of the map... :D
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Fox in the Fog wrote:This was not necessary blast, I could try to search it but... you are very polite ;) Thanks anyway!
But, as I know now how set the water level (simply with the value height), the problem is how to set it only in a particular part of the map... :D
That is not what you asked...yes, yes, I know you don't speak English, but that is all we have to use.

Waterlevel sets it for the entire map. To have water in only one area you need to use a mesh for the water (with or without death physics) or set the waterlevel and use a mesh/boxes for the land at a higher level than the water.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln