Pyramid Ricochet

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Flag Alert!!!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Pyramid Ricochet

Post by Flag Alert!!! »

Ok, so my map X has no ricochet in it and "ricochet" applied to certain objects. I applied it to everything above ground including a lot of pyramids and it worked fine. Until I put a material on it, that is. The material had caution texture and diffuse and when I took it off it ricocheted again. So then I just applied the texture and diffuse to the pyramid without a matref, and once again it wouldn't ricochet. I tried taking off the texture and then taking off the diffuse and even with just 1 of them, the pyramid had no ricochet. Any idea why this would be?

Code: Select all

material
  name Middle
  texture caution
  diffuse .2 .2 .2 1
end
pyramid
  name Pyramid_4
  position 0.0 0.0 61.0
  size 10.0 10.0 15.0
  matref Middle
  ricochet
end
No ricochet...

pyramid
  name Pyramid_4
  position 0.0 0.0 61.0
  size 10.0 10.0 15.0
  texture caution
  diffuse .2 .2 .2 1
  ricochet
end
No ricochet...

pyramid
  name Pyramid_4
  position 0.0 0.0 61.0
  size 10.0 10.0 15.0
  ricochet
end
Ricochet.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Pyramid Ricochet

Post by SkillDude »

For future reference (Since the backup restore caused the answers to this post to disappear):

There seems to be a bug when converting 1.0 objects to mesh objects, and the ricochet option gets discarded. In Flag Alert!!!'s case, the meshpyr option should be used instead of the pyramid option to still allow ricochet and texturing.
blast
General
General

Re: Pyramid Ricochet

Post by blast »

And also, this should be reported to the bug tracker so that it can get fixed. It should just be an issue that requires a tweak on the server.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)