Shoot through pyramids

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Tank Terminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Shoot through pyramids

Post by Tank Terminator »

I want to know the code of the pyramids that are drivethrough and are shootthrough inside but ricochet outside.
(Because I am text editing)

P.S: If there is a wiki page that talks about it, please post the website in the comments, and don't bother writing the code :)
Tank Terminator, BZFlag Player
blast
General
General

Re: Shoot through pyramids

Post by blast »

I think if you just make them drivethrough (with the 'drivethrough' keyword in the pyramid object), it will work that way. But I can't be sure.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Tank Terminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Ah, yes it works, however, in some maps, inside it doesn't look black like that, instead it is like ur seeing normal sky, but u see the pyramid only
(i mean u see the blue puramid inside but it aint black )
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

I'm guessing you want to make a pyramid that you can drive into, and then stay inside of it, while shooting out. Like on MoFo Passion.
A BZW-style pyramid object will never do what you want.

The pentamids I made on MoFo Passion are actually four separate objects. 3 of them are invisible.
It can be done with only two objects, but you'll need a 3d editor, because it's hollow inside. There is no bottom face, If you turn it upside down, it looks like a bowl.
Make the inside faces shootthrough-drivethrough. Outside faces drive through only.
When flags spawn inside the pyramid, you'll need to add a third, slightly smaller object to prevent that. This is very tricky.

If you would like to use my pentamids, just ask.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Tank Terminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

I tried, um , using diffuse in the pyra code, but :/ wont be drivethrough, like there is another pyra inside :/
Tank Terminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

or, like in missile wars, check out the drivethrough pyras...