King Of The Ring by ahs3

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

King Of The Ring by ahs3

Post by trpted »

I see at

http://bzstats.strayer.de/servers/stats ... 26&lang=en

that ahs3 is the owner of that server.

Now, I have to ask how does he/she/they/you do that?

For example at viewtopic.php?f=64&t=12575 and at https://wiki.bzflag.org/Koth they both have the keyword koth and then at least

Code: Select all

position
 height
 holdtime 
and yet that map from that server does not have that. I searched for koth with ctrl+f and no results were found. :(

Please and thank you
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: King Of The Ring by ahs3

Post by tainn »

I apologize if I perhaps understood wrong, but I assume you are asking where koth is located?

There are two instances of koth in the bzw file attached to the thread that you linked; did you perhaps mistype the search?

-loadplugin /usr/local/lib/koth.so

koth
bbox -140 140 -180 180 12 50
nosound
teamplay
holdtime 70
autotime 3 60
end
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

The following thread should clarify any issues or questions: flagstay, KOTH, rabbidRabit, and wwzone Updates

koth
bbox -140 140 -180 180 12 50
nosound
teamplay
holdtime 70
autotime 3 60
end
As mentioned within that specific thread, the 'cylinder' and 'bbox' syntax is depreciated and should not be used.
The map was made well before the changes to syntax occurred as well. (So don't be surprised that it is using depreciated syntax.)
I would also recommend not using the Wiki for resources as it is depreciated as well.

-Zehra

P.S. It would be greatly appreciated if this thread could be moved to the Help: Map Making forum.
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trpted »

Yes, you guy/gals misundstand.

Try this.

#1 Connect to bzflag.ahs3.org:5555. As need be, find it with /mapchange

#2 If no one is there, press n or m and issue the command /mapchange kingring

#3 Go to Options -> Save World. Then save the file to your HD.

#4 Now that you have the file on your HD, join the Server as a player (if you have not already).

#5 As need be, I have used two copies of Bzflag to join that server.

a) One with mouse control and the other with keyboard - if same computer.

b) OR with two different computers.

c) !- Note both with different usernames/handles.

#6 Anyways, if you stay in the center area, top long enough alive - You will see the timer go down and you will be King of Hill/Koth.

#7 In the map that you downloaded via BZFlag, there is nothing about King of the Hill/Koth.

#8 If someone is on the server, get permission to change the map before changing it - Duh!

#9 Here is sample screenshot from the public server that had no one else on it other than me.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-02-13_13-35-25.png
King Of The Ring by ahs3 - Public Server with no one else other than me on it.
(1.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by trpted on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

If I am not mistaken, custom zone objects are simply saved as 'zone' without any parameters.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The client never receives the actual world file. Only the server has all of the map file information. The client's save world feature recreates a BZW file from the binary object data that the client receives from the server, so it will not match the original map file. Additionally, it won't know about plugins that are loaded, such as the 'koth' plugin. I would suggest obtaining the original world file from the forums if it was released.

It sounds like you're just saying it isn't running in KOTH mode. If so, you've already been given the information necessary to enable KOTH mode.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trpted »

blast wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:41 am The client never receives the actual world file. Only the server has all of the map file information. The client's save world feature recreates a BZW file from the binary object data that the client receives from the server, so it will not match the original map file. Additionally, it won't know about plugins that are loaded, such as the 'koth' plugin. I would suggest obtaining the original world file from the forums if it was released.

It sounds like you're just saying it isn't running in KOTH mode. If so, you've already been given the information necessary to enable KOTH mode.
I thought the client receives the actual world file.

Thanks for clarifying that.