pass flag to middle

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
mathiaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

pass flag to middle

Post by mathiaz »

Hi,

I pass flag to the middle while dropping it on non standard surface (pyramid, teleport ...).
It works, but when there is a meshbloc middle, the flag goes in it. So what is the algorythm behind this pass? why the flag is not put ON the bloc?

Thanks
<°)))><|
blast
General
General

Re: pass flag to middle

Post by blast »

Is it specifically a "meshbox" object you're using, or is it a "mesh" object? If it's a "mesh" object, you can add an inside point somewhere inside the object to make it a solid object. I believe that in that situation, the flag would then fly back to the base instead of the center, at least if you don't have any safety zones.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

If I'm not mistaken, the '-fb' option will likely be needed as well.
Simply pass it as an option within BZFS or include it within the 'options' section of your map.

Code: Select all

options
  -fb
end
-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
mathiaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mathiaz »

Thanks for the answers.
But It s running with -fb options and it s a meshbox.
:?
So i don t understand.

I send the map in attached file, if you have time.
Just run it with "bzfs -world test.bzw".
Attachments
test.bzw
(21.21 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
<°)))><|
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Tried using a box instead of a meshbox? I don't think there much of any reason to use the mesh variants of our primitive objects. The normal box and pyramid objects can use mesh options like materials.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

It is not a meshbox that is causing you trouble, but a regular box. Specifically, this box here:

Code: Select all

# Line
box
  position -7 -2 0
  size 16 16 15
  rotation 12.467799419733344
  color 0.1 0.1 0.1 1
end
The issue here is that you are trying to add a color attribute to a normal box. Doing that breaks essentially everything that it can break. For example, adding the drivethrough attribute to that object would make it glitch really hard when trying to drive through it.

You want to do one of the two things, either:

1. turn that box into a meshbox (recommended), or
2. remove the color attribute and keep it as a normal box

One of the primary advantages of a meshbox in comparison to a normal box, is the attributes that you can actually use without the object misbehaving.

In fact, I would recommend you turn all boxes into meshboxes, for possible future adjustments.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Ah, yes, I was mistakenly thinking that it was meshboxes that had the glitchy behavior, but it is indeed the 'meshed' box (normal box with mesh attributes added) that has the drivethrough glitch.

mathiaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mathiaz »

Tanks a lot.
I notice , i won t use anymore box object.
:wink:
<°)))><|