building 2.0s maps, and working with .conf\var.txt

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Lone Wolf
Private First Class
Private First Class

building 2.0s maps, and working with .conf\var.txt

Post by Lone Wolf »

Ok, i put this topic on so that Noobs like me can know how to make 2.0 maps, or stuff that you don't get on bzedit, and also stuff for the vars.txt file. if you are hosting a server, come to this place to learn new things, it will help your server a LOT, just as soon as we get the posting going

V^V^V^V^V^EXAMPs shown below this line^V^V^V^V^V^V
This is a circle, for those who do not no anything about 2.0

Code: Select all

arc  
position 0 0 0 
size 2 2 13.99 
rotation 0 
angle 360 
ratio 1 
divisions 16 
texsize -8 -8 -8 -8 
top matref 3 
bottom matref 3 
inside matref 3 
outside matref 3 
startside matref 3 
endside matref 3 
end 
now for the examps for Var.txt, note that the variebals file is like an optional GUI option, it makes your server look nice, and deffintly Happier players, you might be up there in the first pick game if you just fiddle around with the Configuration file and the varieble file

EXAMPs:::

set _wingsJumpCount 9
what this does is set the amount of wing jumping, the 9 represents the amount aloud on the server.

set _rejoinTime 1
this is when a player wants to rejoin. the 1 indacates time to rejoin in >seconds<

set _skyColor black
represents the color of the outside

these are the rest of the stuff i know, you should under stand it

set _tankSpeed 30.0
set _explodeTime 2.5
the explode time i think is how long it takes for the tank to finish exploding. i never tested it :( Yet 8)

here is what i know of graphical objects that you can add EXAMPS printe below the u know what
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::EXAMPS:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

OH Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't know anything about Grapfical objects, Some one plz HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for the .conf, what you do is go under your bz directory, then go under data, next go under the bzfs.confl, windows might not know what file to open, sooooo, open it in your trusty Wordpad, and it gives you everything that the aurthur of bz wrote to help ya'll with BZFS .conf file

Thanks all, and please post what you know that hasn't been posted

Signed The only Lone Wolf you'll see on the forum
Lone Wolf
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: building 2.0s maps, and working with .conf\var.txt

Post by A Meteorite »

Lone Wolf wrote:EXAMPs:::

set _wingsJumpCount 9
what this does is set the amount of wing jumping, the 9 represents the amount aloud on the server.

set _rejoinTime 1
this is when a player wants to rejoin. the 1 indacates time to rejoin in >seconds<

set _skyColor black
represents the color of the outside
It's -set _variable value. If you use: set _skyColor black it will not work. Notice the "-". Hope no one is confused... :wink:
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Lone Wolf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lone Wolf »

Thanks Meteorite, didn't know

Signed the only wolf on the forum
Lone Wolf

Post by Guest »

Please check out the http://my.bzflag.org/cgi-bin/man/man2html?5+bzw for the basic facts on all 2 bzw stuff.
And check out http://www.kapsi.fi/~jpa/stuff/bzw/ for more infor on materials, physics, etc.