Circular CTF

Previews and comments on future maps.
c2water
Private First Class
Private First Class

Circular CTF

Post by c2water »

This is a small map that I've worked on today and yesterday. It's meant to be a two-team CTF. Each base is surrounded with tall pyramids that only allow access in two places. In between the bases are some more pyramids and ledges. It's all enclosed in a circular area.

This is the second map I've made. I coded it by hand except for one mesh from Blender. The rest is version 1.0 boxes, pyramids, and arcs.

I will probably load it on my server and put it on the public server list either today or tomorrow with 6 players per team (I think my connection can handle it - especially if no one joins).

Suggestions welcome. Here are some screenshots.
Attachments
bzfi0043.jpg
Overhead view.
(73.78 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
bzfi0046.jpg
Inside the base area.
(74.12 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
bzfi0047.jpg
Outside the base area.
(79.71 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Not a bad map! Keep it up. My one concern would be camping, but I guess I would have to wait to play on it before being sure.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

What an interesting map :P Can't wait to see it up. I've always wanted to play in a bowl :D
c2water
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by c2water »

Ok.. it's running at davemicc.homelinux.org:5154
Constitution wrote:My one concern would be camping, but I guess I would have to wait to play on it before being sure.
I've defined spawn zones outside the "base area" that might help with this. :D
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

c2water wrote:Ok.. it's running at davemicc.homelinux.org:5154
Constitution wrote:My one concern would be camping, but I guess I would have to wait to play on it before being sure.
I've defined spawn zones outside the "base area" that might help with this. :D
I meant camping in the sense of sitting near the base entrance to prevent your flag from being captured.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Can't really stop camping :) It's in every map
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Just make possibilities to get *by* camping rather than trying to make a map uncampable. Shockwaves, super bullets, wings, oscillation overthruster, etc.

As far as eyecandy, looks pretty decent. The multiple extremely close pyramids look like a possible lag magnet, and I am uncertain as to how they affect playability at this point. When I get the chance I'll try to play on it to give you better criticism. :) Good job so far, though.