my first map

Previews and comments on future maps.
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

my first map

Post by Saber »

Here it is. I'm still working on it. I have many things to add because I think the is middle empty. I still need to test it to see if the jumps are working. I've tried to test it many times but it's not working (any help would be greatly appreciated).

Here are the map files.

EDIT: I'll add some screenshots when I can.

EDIT: here they are

Attachments
map1.bzw
the bzw file
(18.65 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
map1.txt
the txt file
(18.65 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Last edited by Saber on Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chicken fingers »

i would realy love to see your map help you with stuff but but computer ownt let me viiew the picture i cant seem to view ver many picturres (sigh) id help if i could so ill just wishh you well hope it works out good and i hope its cool 8)

(PS) ill be geting a signiture soo so watch out!
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

You might want to think of a more imaginative name...

The map looks alright - one thing: the bases. I'm not sure people are going to be willing to jump up so many steps, it might detract from CTF.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

At first it looks like it could be fun, but then I spawn... And I see this:

See Attached Screenshot

Everything is black execpt for the moon, and I am apparently unable to move because the radar shows no change in motion as I try to. I self destructed and spawned again and I still could not move but when I fired a shot it appeared as if my gun barrel was 2 units above where it usually is. But I was not falling because the shot appeard to stay at the same height in my HUD. I will go over the map file to see what could be wrong.

And one last thing. When I loaded the map in BZFS and then I spawned, I recieved this message:

Code: Select all

Warning: SpawnPolicy ran out of time, just dropping the sucker in
Anyone know what that means? I hope these problems get resolved soon. In observer mode the map looks good, but very complicated. Are the bases going to go at the top of the steps in each corner?
Attachments
bzfi0084.png
(37.29 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: my first map

Post by Tedius »

Saber wrote: I've tried to test it many times but it's not working (any help would be greatly appreciated).
The problem is in line 509.

pyramid
name Pyramid
	position 0 0 400
	rotation 0
	size 3 3 8e+007
end
That would make a pyramid that is 80 million units tall, which may be a tad excessive.
this signature intentionally left blank
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

Woops. I think I'll change that as soon as possible.

Thanks for the advice, I'll remove some stairs leading to the bases. I didnt think four would be that much.
No more school (:D ). I'll have the time to work on it.
The S
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

EDIT: I've fixed the problem in this original post but heres a new one.

My teleporters aren't working. I've got all the links and everything but there is only one working. Help please.
AAA
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by AAA »

Warning: SpawnPolicy ran out of time, just dropping the sucker in
bzfs, believe it or not, tries to put tanks out of the way of shots, out of the view of L tanks, and away from SW's. If for some reason it takes too much time trying to find a safe spot, it just randonly chooses a spot to "drop... the sucker in"

As for the way of teleporters, get used to checking the source. BZEdit is an outdated program now (a better map editor is being worked on for the Google Summer of Code/GSoC), I really can't offer anything else without being able to see any examples.
Admin and Senior Vice Executive Administrator of Network and System Architecture @ BZFX -- Core Admin @ CAN -- SF.net user diamondmagic -- irc.freenode.net nickname AAA_awright (#bzfx if not #bzflag)
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

It's Ok I've fixed teleporters. I didn't get any message about dropping the sucker in. I still need to fix another problem with teleporters. I get auto-kicked because I'm moving too fast after passing throught some teleporters. I also need to fix the place where each team flag goes after being dropped over a pyramid (I knew how but I forgot). I would like to put it on base and not in the middle.

Also need to add some things on the main level.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

AAA

You probably need to add -sb to your bzfs configuration. If the ground is covered, you need to enable spawns on buildings.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

could be a fun map, i like different things
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.